Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

CATCHING UP!



Have you met Phoebe yet? 

I cannot remember having introduced her to you before I took a break from blogging and I’m too lazy to go back and check! 

Phoebe is our 13 pound Mexican pit-bull.   THAT is what Dan calls her because when she yawns, her mouth and face look like a pit-bull.  She is supposed to be a cross between a “Chinese dog of some type” and a pug.  Now others will tell you she is a cross between a Chihuahua (she hates it when you call her that and I don’t know why…she actually will playfully snap at your face!) and a pug.  She will be 3 years old in December.  So what do you think she is...besides happy???



Anyway, she wanted to have a blog of her own but she couldn’t come up with a good name and I told her I was too busy to try to keep up two blogs so she would have to be content to help with mine.  I will try to remember to warn you, er, I mean INFORM you of when she is helping.  And I think today may be one of the days she will be helping.

You will see that she and I do not always agree on a particular way to describe or say something.  You will be able to tell that because what SHE has to say will most likely be “struck through” and then MY mind will take over. 

This is an example of what I mean by struck through.  

Did you know that Dan and I have gleefully sold our campground and are both retired??!!!  Yep!  We sold the park officially on May 11th this year!  We hadn’t planned on purchasing property until next  year, if then, but we found the perfect place for us and ‘moved in’ towards the end of July.

The reason I say ‘moved in’ is because we are not living in the cabin but are living in our motor home (you may not even know about that either!!) 

The property is almost 35 acres, has a cute little cabin and a few other buildings AND a polebarn/workshop for Dan!  A couple of the other buildings will be torn down as we have no use for them and it would be too costly to repair in order to insure them.  AND, the property has 4 full hook up campsites, a laundry facility, a shower and bathroom (which are part of the polebarn). 

So we are living in our “new” (new to us!) 2011 Fleetwood Discovery diesel pusher.  It is a bit over 43’ long so it IS our home and has been since we bought it in April.  We hope by next summer to be able to live in the cabin, but there is work to be done first!

A new roof HAS to be put on and by that I mean right down to the trusses, at least on about ¾ of the cabin.  The remaining room, which is the kitchen and living room, just has to have all the old shingles torn off and the plywood or OSB (or whatever they used) replaced.  THIS part of the cabin was added on to the original structure which IS log (which was built about 1948).  It will be a dark green metal roof.  We had hoped to have it done prior to us leaving for the south this fall, but it looks like the contractor might not be able to get us in for fear of getting caught in bad October rainy weather.

The floor in this part of the house is very old plank wood and we LOVE IT!  So much character in this floor!  This whole addition USE to be a church (a very small one!) which makes it even more special….a lot of history to this place, ya know?


The fieldstone fireplace is huge and seems to be in very good shape.  We are not going to burn wood though.  We will be putting in a gas insert.

In order to see what size gas insert we would need, we had Soo Fireplace and Company come out and get the measurements.  Dan and I both had to chuckle at the guy when he crawled inside the fireplace and reported back to us (from INSIDE the fireplace) “Boy this is BIG, big, big, big”  (as in he was “echoing” from inside the fireplace).

Phoebe seems to really like it here.  Oh, wait a minute…she’s got something to say and if it is relative to this conversation, I won’t use strike-through….Phoebe says “I really like it here!!!  I get to play off leash sometimes!  And when I do, I run like the wind. ¡Ándele! ¡Ándele! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa! ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw! I am just like Speedy Gonzales!!!  I can do figure 8’s from around the motor home and then around the picnic table!  As small as my lungs are and as short as my legs are it doesn’t take me long to get winded though.  I found out that when I run that fast though I tend to fart  pass gas.   Mom and Dad never let me off leash unless we had some fenced in place so you damn darn betcha I like it here!”

Well, I think Phoebe about summed it up for how SHE feels about  her new home!  Here are a couple of photos of our new place.




I just had arthroscopic on my knee yesterday so I’m done sitting at the table for a while.  Phoebe and I will see you another day!

Keep in touch!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, Welcome back to Bogland!!!! It's great to see you.

    I tried Facebook but couldn't take the endless jokes and baby pictures of kids I don't know. I tried to scroll through from time to time but Ugh-- it was just so boring. So I'm glad you're back.

    And I'm glad to hear about your fabulous new property. It all sounds perfect for you and I love that the cabin used to be a church. How cool is that! Having a lot of land (translation: no neighbors looking at me) has always been a dream of mine so I think you must be in paradise!

    I hope your knee is on the mend and you're up and about with no trouble.

    Take care and I've missed you.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna I'm sorry that I haven't replied to your comment but if you are reading me at all you will understand why. I knew I'd friended you on FB and knew I hadn't heard much from you there either so hopefully we can catch up again via blogland! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gclub 69 Righteousness in service
    G club It is a website to participate in gaming, gambling, computer networking. To make every one of you enjoy the world of gambling, the variety of 400 games we have searched for is fantastic. With over 10 years of experience in the field, our website is well known among internet gamblers across Asia.
    For those who like to play gambling in the free time, the gambling of the Gclub 69, our online gambling. Very playable. Because of the edge of the baccarat game will be very easy to play if we play more often than not, then you will find their own tips. Win more often. Have more money And most importantly, may deposit - withdraw - transfer. Quickly within 15 minutes, we dare to challenge you to make a quick deposit. Meet the game of live betting. Multiplayer Slot Machines Get the best jackpot, first withdraw 400 bucks, get free bet 240 bucks to now, also find a lot of promotions.
    Do not wait to join us at the fun at the site. จีคลับ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive