Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My Photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We own and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

NUTTIN' MUCH

What a blah day!!  While family and friends are discovering the joys of skating on the roads, skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, etc back home...we are in a deluge of rain and almost 70 degree weather.

THAT won't last though.  By Tuesday the high in the area that we are is supposed to be 50 something and back below freezing for a couple of nights this week.

Dan and I normally do our weekly grocery shopping on Tuesdays, but since THIS Tuesday is Christmas Eve, we decided the stores would probably be elbow to elbow shoppers.  And since we do plan on working tomorrow (Monday), we figured we would do our shopping this morning.  Glad we did.

We also hoped that we would beat the heavy rains that were expected.

There wasn't many shoppers in Wal-mart at ALL.  So, it didn't take long.

But while we were in line this awful racket started; it was so loud you had to YELL in order to talk to the person next to you.  IT WAS RAIN PELTING THE ROOF!!!  Man, it was LOUD!

By the time our cart (or buggy as our southern friends call them) was loaded the rain had subsided some.  I had managed to convince Dan that when we arrived to NOT park out on the back 40 acres, but to try to get close in case it did rain.  I was fortunate...he only went the back 20 acres away from the entrance.

So out the sliding double doors we headed.   A heavy drizzle?  That's not too bad.  But about another 10' and it turned into pouring rain.  And there was still another concrete pasture field (well, it SEEMED like it) to cross in order to get to the truck.

Of course the plastic grocery bags were going to be a great help in protecting the contents.  Just slightly above the protection that would be offered by using the old type paper grocery bags when THEY get sopping wet.

And there was nothing protecting US.  AND I HAD ON A WHITE T-SHIRT THAT HAD A BASS PRO LOGO (big fish and all) across the front.  I didn't have to tell anyone that I also had on a red bra; it was visable to anyone that looked.

I admit that in my younger, more curvy days, I had participated in a couple of wet T-shirt contests; came in 2nd in one of them.  Even with a little muffin top back then, I still looked good.

But not anymore, not even with a red, lacy bra...which was beginning to make me itch the wetter it got.  Yep, at my age  I still have boobs and they haven't entirely met up with my lower extremities... yet.  And that cute little muffin top I use to have is now more like bread dough that has risen over the side of the bread pan.  There were no whistles this time, nor even a 2nd glance my way...for which I am eternally grateful.  Then I realized the mouth large mouth bass that was on the front of my shirt was now perfectly aligned with my right boob, which again, was pretty visible.   THAT was embarrassing enough but I am taking comfort in the fact that no one else noticed...at least that is what I am telling myself.

2 comments:

  1. We are producing 100% cotton yarn of several counts ranging from 10/s up to 40/s for knitting and weaving.
    yarn exporter in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive