Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

WHAT IS UP???

Something is amiss with my blog and I wonder if others are having the same issue???  I CAN'T LOG IN AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN LIKE I NORMALLY WOULD DO.  I had to take the long way around to get to it.

AND the page that I am writing this on is nothing at all like my other page was.  There isn't a way to even get to my dashboard, or to change anything as far as appearance, settings etc.  Is any one else seeing it this way???  Please let me know!

So, what have I been up to??  GETTING READY TO CLOSE ON OCTOBER 11TH AT NOON!!!  Actually I've been busy with a couple of doctor appointments and had to have a bone marrow test done this past week.  I don't see the oncologist/hematologist till the 1st week of October.  I suppose if there is something really wrong, he will get in touch with me prior to that.

2nd, Dan has finally convinced me to change my family Dr.  I too believe it has gotten to the point that he doesn't know what to do for me (or to me??).  I've been trying for over a year to get my BP under control and all three of the meds we've tried in the past year I cannot take.  The last one was the worst!  It is called Lisinopril.  It immediately helped by BP and it seemed like this was the answer!  I hadn't developed any swelling or rashes or anything else!

But then, I crashed.

So, this story is more for the ladies out there but guys if you have someone in your life that you love and she is experiencing what I am experiencing, be very supportive and make sure you get her to see the correct doctor.

I will be seeing a urologist in Petoskey on Wednesday morning.  I am pretty sure I have what is called Interstitial Cystitis, or IC for short. I don't have it as bad as some women (and men) do.  Some women have the feeling of needing to go to the bathroom 70 times per day!  But this is extremely painful and the only way I can describe it is feeling like there is a Charlie horse in my bladder.  I'm not going into all the details of it, but check it out online.  There is a TON of information available. 

There are certain things I cannot eat like grapes, smoked ham, any citrus fruits or any fruit juices, especially the citrus kind.  It is suggested to buy pear juice.  I cannot recall seeing pear juice.  Oh, and caffeine can be a big trigger to cause these flare ups (as they are called; mine's been ongoing since July).

Until I am able to see the doctor on Wednesday, his nurse said it was OK to take the AZO tablets for more than 2 days (which is what it states on their package).  Regular pain medicine does not do a  thing for this type of pain.

I have had the cystoscope before, and that was before we moved up here 21 years ago.  That was due to all the continuing UTI's I was having which I eventually figured out was due to the fact that I was trying to get off from HRT (all these acronyms will drive you nuts!!!) 

The doctor that did that to me was a sadist.  I think he really enjoyed torturing women when ever he had the chance.  I really do.  And if I knew then what I figured out even a year later, I would have followed up with some phone calls and possibly even a lawyer.  What he did and the way he did it was uncalled for.  I remember hearing him say "Now, it can't hurt THAT much now can it?" And then he'd insert that scope some more and I KNOW he twisted it.

There is not a cure for this condition, only medicine to help alleviate the pains...at least it is supposed to.  And the one medicine that is used the most costs over $400 per month for it....I'm hoping that they don't expect me to try that one.

Most likely I will have to make a trip back to have a scope done; I'm sure they won't do it the same day although it would be nice if they did so I would have my answer and not have to wait another week or two.  After all, I'VE GOT TO GET OUR 5TH WHEEL PACKED SO WE CAN LEAVE THE END OF OCTOBER!!

Tomorrow, I am seeing a new "family" doctor.  There is a new Dr in town and is taking on patients.  He is an internist but I don't know what his "internal specialty" is.  I'm hoping he can get this whole blood pressure thing under control.  I haven't been able to do any walking due to my ongoing other problem so not much exercise at all this season.  And the muscle relaxer that I take on occasion at night, is known to increase the heart rate.  I'm normally around 65-72...when I'm on this, it is between 92-102.  And I know the pain I'm having is NOT helping the BP issue either.  I feel like it is a catch-22.

The trees are really changing quickly now!  I think they will peak in about 7 days and then blow off the trees (some already have!).  So if you are thinking of doing any leaf peeping up here,  you better get on up!

Hope all is well with you!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Jeez Cathy, it sounds like you have your hands full. I am so sorry but I'm very happy to hear you have a new doctor lined up. A fresh perspective might be exactly what you need to mend. Fingers crossed and please keep me posted.

    As for the "it can't hurt that much" doctor.... Grrrrr. I can't stand @#$%^&! like that. Shame on him.

    Enjoy the lovely Fall colors and take good care.

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a fresh look was just what the doctor ordered! So far I'm impressed by the new guy I'm seeing....not so impressed with the urologist I saw in Petoskey though. Hope you are doing well!!! Hugs to you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive