Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

NUTTIN' MUCH!



I know I have really been absent for about a month now!  We have been VERY busy this summer and I’m finding that I’m not as good at multi-multi tasking (yes, I meant it that way).  I’m getting too old for this stuff…running a campground I mean.

It isn’t just that and believe me we are SO VERY HAPPY to have business back to what it was in 2004, but put in the mix that I am learning a new online rez system, well, as I said I’m getting too old for this stuff”.

And it is always a good hint that you have been remiss in posting to your blog when one of your readers has his wife call to make sure I’m ok!!  HOW SWEET WAS THAT!!??  Thanks, Fred and Laura, for your concern!  I DO appreciate it.

Most of our guests this year have been a real pleasure but as usual you will get those thrown into the mix that really test how thick your tongue (don’t want to bite it off) is.  So glad they are few and far between.

It has cooled off and is very pleasant right now.  It reminds us both of fall weather.  Believe it or not, a couple of our cherry trees are getting yellow leaves.  Such a pretty contrast in colors with the green and yellow leaves and the bright red LITTLE cherries.  It won’t be long and I’ll be doing the fall color report!!

We are counting the days till we close on October 11th.  Do you know that since we moved up here we really haven’t had a chance to do UP NORTH touristy type things?  I think we will remedy that by actually getting to take one of the Pictured Rocks cruises after we close.  Dan wants to do some bow hunting up here before we head south, so not quite sure when we’ll actually be taking off…although HE IS READY TO GO GET OUR 5TH WHEEL OUT OF STORAGE!!

One of my guests was in and we were talking about hummingbirds.  She said her granddaughter always wanted to go watch the “humping birds”.  She thought THAT is what everyone was calling them.  HA!  Out of the mouths of babes, right?  I am making 16 cups of hummingbird juice every other day.  I can’t imagine what it will be like towards the end of the month when they start prepping their little bodies for that long flight south!  Sugar is expensive, like everything else, but it is a LOT of good entertainment watching those little wonders of nature!

I finally finished up my every week of CBC blood tests.  I’m supposed to see the hematologist next week but I can’t see any reason to go if nothing really has changed…plus I’ve finally gotten caught, er I mean called for jury duty.  I’m to report Monday and bring my paper work they sent and any reasons why I feel I should be excused.  The biggest reason is being self employed!  Kind of hard to tell my boss I need the time off.

I’m sorry that I haven’t been on in such a long time!  I hope you are still reading once in a while.
Thanks again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive