Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

BURN, BABY, BURN



The weather has been very “fallish” the past several days.  The mornings have been cool but invigorating.  We both love this time of year.  It’s good snuggling weather but it is also relaxing to have the windows open about half way.

This week is supposed to be above normal temps again with the night time lows being a bit above normal too.

With that said, let me just say Dan is fit to be tied and I have no idea what words will actually be coming out of his mouth once he gets done TURNING THE HEAT ON IN THE CABIN!!  We have dropped our jaw twice today; the first time was guests (who by the way are traveling with the guests in the cabin) asked to have the heat on.  We just don’t get it…AND I’M THE ONE ALLERGIC TO THE COLD????  AND I’M DOING JUST FINE WITH THIS GORGEOUS SLEEPING WEATHER??

THEN, today, as I was coming back into the house, I noticed a teen age boy with a drinking bottle coming into the yard.  As soon as I got in the house I looked out to see where he went…he had put his bottle under the fountain that serves as the bird bath and filled it!!  Before I could even get back out the door to get his attention he had taken a swig from that bottle! 

I said “WHOA!!!  That water is what the birds bathe in!”  YUCK!!!  He replied “OH.”  Why he didn’t fix it up in the campground or even in the particular lodging he is staying in is beyond me.  Again, YUCK!!!  I guess to match the signs at the lagoon that say POOP POND, I’m going to have to get something made up identifying the bird bath fountain as BATHING BIRD POOP FOUNTAIN.   YUCK!!!

How many days till we close?  OH, that’s right!  56 more days!!!!

I shouldn’t complain.  It has been one heck of a busy summer so we are glad for the business. 

We’ve already got most of July 2014 booked with 3 different rallies!!!  YEAH!!!!

Well, that’s how it goes at this end of the globe.  How about at your end??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive