Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

SEX!!! SEX!!!! AND MORE SEX!!!!

I BET THAT GOT YOUR ATTENTION!!!  Did you know that 69% of people find something"dirty" in every sentence?  I didn't know that either and I'm sure it was a government funded project but HOW do they know that?  Do they hire like a "secret shopper" to go around and read random sentences to people to see what that person actually takes out of that sentence??

Anyway.....

What have I been up to?  Not much, but here's a small sampling...

I was at the check out line in the grocery store unloading my cart full of weekly "stuff". I said something to the cashier and one of the "carry out boys" that something smelled like it was hot. There is a Coke machine right by this aisle and I thought maybe it was over heating. I then said "Don't you smell it?" The lady who was checking out two people in front of me said nothing but the checker and the "boy" both said they noticed it. When the old gal that had been checking out got out of hearing distance (although I don't think she COULD hear when she was close by), the carry out fella said "THAT was that woman. She has cats and we think she is covered in cat urine." It wasn't but a nano second and the spray sanitizer was out and Purel hand sanitizer was being used and then it was MY turn to stand where the cat woman had been. IT WAS AWFUL!! I hope when I get old that either 1. I don't become a cat woman or 2. That I don't lose my sense of smell or 3. If I DO loose my sense of smell that someone will be taking care of me!

And then there was last night...
I've got to stop watching scary movies and reading suspenseful books. ONCE in a while they do give me bad dreams and just like a kid, I cover my head with my blanket...like that is going to help, right?? Why do we feel safe under blankets? It’s not like a murderer will come in thinking “I’m gonna ki..- ahh damn! She’s under a blanket.”


Oh, and something really exciting???  WE HAVE A BRAND NEW COFFEE MAKER!!  I went in search online for a lighter more compact one.  We rarely need the 12 cup model that we had and it was about on its last legs anyway.   I only drink two cups in the morning, but the cup size is about 12 ounces.  That's not much really, is it?  Dan was beginning to think I was getting too much coffee when I sat down by him on the couch one morning and knitted a full size sweater...AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO KNIT!!  Again, I digress...

I found this fantastic coffee maker on line and it was one sale.  It didn't have a warmer that the carafe sets on, but it has a stainless steel, insulated coffee pot.  That meant the coffee wasn't sitting there and COOKING.  The drip system was more like a shower head effect.  It required those brown cone shaped filters and went on to explain why that type of paper is the best for making coffee.  The idea of finding a more compact, lighter coffee maker just kind of went out the window.  Then I read all the reviews on this Melita 12 cup coffee maker.  I was becoming more and more tempted.

THEN I READ THE PRICE!  IT WAS  HALF PRICE!!!  AND STILL COST ABOUT $40.  But between the reviews, the description and the price, I had ordered it before I knew it!!!  

I was so excited about getting this coffee pot that I could hardly sleep!  (Wait, maybe that was the extra strong coffee I had on those two mornings??) .  It arrived in a couple of days.  IT DOES MAKE THE BEST COFFEE!!!  We both love it.  So much so that I've started drinking two and ONE HALF cups in the morning!!

So just a bit to catch up with ya!!!  Hope all is going well with you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive