Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

WE'RE GETTING CLOOOOSSSSEEERRRR.....



The word for the day is BROKE; as in lack of money.

You can betcha that someone is going to be hearing from us LOUD and CLEAR!!  It was over $620 for fixing our 5th wheel, for just that cable and replacing the valve which is something we’ve been complaining about since our first time out with our 5th wheel.

I guess I shouldn’t complain.  Dan and I really ARE blessed.  We have had safe travels, we get to see spring twice and autumn twice, we meet a lot of friendly people (and there are some who are just plain WEIRD!!).  We’ve made good friends during our traveling and the various places that we have volunteered, so yes we ARE blessed for all of those things.  We are blessed that we have our health and CAN still travel and volunteer during the winter months.

OH!  I guess I better explain!  There may be some of you who don’t read FB and may wonder what I’m talking about!  The cable on our black water tank finally broke (again we’ve been complaining about it for 2 years).  We HAD to get it fixed NOW in order to use our “potty”.  We could still shower and use the sinks as they each have their own tank. 

Camping World was the only place that we could get any help quickly and as it was, it ended up that we had to stay in a motel last night.

It WAS kind of nice because we each had our own bed.  I was just getting ready to make a bet with Dan about whose bed would look the best in the morning (since we have this “argument” when I ask him to help make the bed because he tears it up), but before I could even utter a word, he started making his “nest”. Can you guess which bed was Dan's???




So it has been an expensive trip just getting THIS far.

While we were at Camping World we thought we’d take a peak of a very nice 5th wheel that was sitting in front, just waiting for someone to plop down $62,000 to buy it.

Here are shots of that.  I managed not to drool on the camera while taking the shots.




 LOVE THAT BIG FRIDGE AND FREEZER!!!  Neither one of us liked the stove being RIGHT by the fridge.
 Walk in closet with LOTS of hanging space as well as shelves; cedar lined!!!
 King size bed...looks like Dan's already been in it, huh??


This 5th wheel is about 15,000 pounds and 39' long.  A LOT more than what we want or need.  Now if they made it at around 11,000 pounds and 36' long....sigh....

Sounds like snow back home again.  We THINK we might make it to Shipsee tomorrow depending on how things go.

Will be in touch!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy, Sorry about that repair bill-- Ouch. I hate when that happens, but I'm glad it's fixed and your safe on the roads.

    That is one fancy, and big, 5th wheel! Wow.

    Safe travels, xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive