Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

NOTHING LIKE A FRESH MOUTH!



I have had an electric toothbrush for many years.  I totally swear by a good electric toothbrush.
Mine, which is several years old, has been slowly retiring.  The old OOMMMPPPHHH and VAROOOMMMMM was getting less noticeable.  The charge wasn’t lasting as long…so I decided it was time to see what Sonicare had new in their ever growing line of electric toothbrushes.

There are even MORE to choose from now than there was 5 years ago. NEW: The Diamond Clean (which on sale is $169.99 plus shipping).  There is Philips Sonicare HX6932/30 Flexcare with Sanitizer Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for $124.99.  The list goes on and on and so does the variety of replacement heads that you will need to purchase.

I finally settled on Sonicare Flexcare and purchased 2 extra  heads.

My last Sonicare was about $70.00 and the biggest feature it had was when you had brushed for two minutes it would shut off.   You COULD start it again if you felt you were not done with adequate brushing.

This one assumes you are brushing in ONE spot (KNOWN AS A QUADRANT) for a specific amount of time and then it vibrates a bit harder for a nano-second, alerting you it is time to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth.


I figured I might as well get my heavy duty, whitening, breath freshening, gingivitis fighting, no morning breath, promote healthy gums Crest toothpaste.  Oh, did I mention that it can also cause sporadic cases peace, love and harmony to break out in remote areas?

I never had a toothbrush that came with a 13 page manual. What had I gotten myself into!!?? And it was in fine print and with illustrations! And 4 languages to pick from. This looked more difficult than putting a sweeper together! I finally got it together and got it on the charger; it needed to charge for 17 hours prior to use; not 16 or 18 hours, but 17!! I couldn’t wait for breakfast!

The next morning, Dan and I happened to be brushing our teeth at the same time; he the old fashioned way and me with my Sonicar Flexcare with Crest minty fresh toothpaste!

And speaking of toothpaste,  have you ever really perused the toothpaste aisle??  , I never realized HOW many different brands and off-shoots of brands of toothpaste there is! IT is like a family tree! And of course, there are small tubes, tubes that are 6.4 ounces and some that are up to 8 ounces, double packs, packs that come with a complimentary toothbrush.  And the flavors??  Minty, VERY Minty, Cinnamon Minty, Tea Green Minty, Peroxide, Baking Soda AND Peroxide and the list goes on and on.

I didn’t take the time to count all the various brands and the various generic brands, but let me just say my glasses were getting steamed up and my eyes were running within their sockets.

I did a search this morning about brands of toothpaste, and this is what I came up with as the MOST popular brands in the U.S….there are 21 popular brands of toothpaste in the U.S.(as of 3 hours ago anyway…could be more by now) One of them is called Tom’s of Maine…never heard of it. And you will be happy to know that in Israel, according to this search, there is one popular brand of toothpaste which is called Meridol. Never heard of that either, but I don’t plan on going to Israel anytime soon.

I just thought you’d sleep better tonight and sleep with perfect breath armed with this information…



1 comment:

  1. A 13 page manual?!?!? Amazing. My electric toothbrush has an of and off button. It's pretty basic but I figured out how to use it pretty quickly.

    I'm getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist tomorrow. We'll see how goo a job it does. Maybe I'll need a fancy one like yours ;-)

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive