Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, February 22, 2013

IS FREE A GOOD THING?



I had a coupon for a FREE bottle of White Rain shampoo, so I thought “Why not? I always try to find the kind that does what theirs does for a lot less, so why not try White Rain?”

I wish a person could find plain, old, non-perfumed shampoo and conditioner….just something that leaves your hair smelling clean. If you get a bottle of shampoo that is supposed to smell like green apples and wild oats then you naturally need to find the compatible hair conditioner. The only bottle of the shampoo I could find was something like “Very Berry”. The only bottle of conditioner I could find was “Coconut”. So, I knew my hair was going to smell like a Pina Colada with a side dish of fruit.

We still had shampoo on our shower caddy but we were out of conditioner so I sat the conditioner in the shower caddy where the conditioner always sets. I thought I might as well put the new bottle of shampoo on the other shelf of the caddy because the existing bottle of shampoo WAS about gone. I made SURE that the conditioner was in the same place that Dan would be used to finding it so he wouldn’t accidentally grab the new “Very Berry” bottle of shampoo and try to use it for conditioner….only to end up soaping his little bit of hair again.

I took my shower and thought I would try the new shampoo. The only thing I could see different between it and the Suave was it sure lathered up better…a little bit goes a long ways. I managed to get all the soap rinsed out of my hair and grabbed the bottle of Coconut “flavored” conditioner. My hair and it tends to be dry, so I always use a generous amount of conditioner. I “poured” a good amount of conditioner in the palm of my hand and applied it all over my head, to the ends of my hair, making sure I had plenty of coverage. It DID smell nice and maybe the Very Berry smell wouldn’t come through the coconut smell. But why is this stuff all soapy? I KNEW I’d done a good job of rinsing the shampoo out, but I sure was working up a lather! I looked at the bottle and it said SHAMPOO. ARRGGGHHH!!!! It had been in the area of where the conditioners were supposed to be! I just grabbed! I didn’t read the fine print!!!

Remember I said “a little bit goes a long ways”?? Remember I said “I poured a good amount of conditioner in the palm of my hand.”?? I had SO much coconut shampoo lather in my hair that I was beginning to think I’d never get it completely rinsed out. The inside of the tub and the tub drain looked like something you’d see from an episode of the I LOVE LUCY show. There were soap bubbles everywhere.

The soap bubbles finally did go down the drain, after several rinsing of the tub with cold water. AND I actually WAS able to comb my hair without too much difficulty, even without having conditioner. The only problem I am encountering is that I look like Albert Einstein or someone who is in a constant state of static electricity. Fortunately for Dan, he doesn’t have NEAR the amount of hair that I do, so he doesn’t look quite so freakish! I’ve been thinking about getting my hair cut…..



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive