Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

SHE'S A LADY, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, SHE'S A LADY

The gal I rode "to work" with today is a short little thing and I'm thinking she has to be in her late 60's or early 70's.  But who knows!  Everyone seems to look younger as I get older.

Anyway, I digress....

On the way home, she wanted to stop at the PO and pick up her mail.  There is a little and I mean LITTLE town just west of here called Cobb.  The post office has two handicap parking spaces, 2 regular parking spaces and two spaces for employees. 

The little gal I was with told me that the day after the PO opened (I guess about 5 years ago??) it was robbed!!!  Good lord!!!

Anyway, I digressed again.

While I was sitting in her car waiting for her return, a car pulled in next to me, which was one of the handicap spots.  The car was not coming in fast at all, but it managed to run hard enough into the parking curb that I thought the air bag would launch.  The person, which I could see now was an elderly woman, rocked back and forth in her seat from the force of the sudden curb stop.  She then put it in reverse and crawled backwards about a foot and slammed on the brake...only to do the back and forth thing again.

She eventually get the car situated and then proceeded to try to get OUT of the car.

I could see she was well coiffed, wearing pretty, dangling earrings, make up, a necklace...and a grey sweatshirt and grey sweatpants.  I took all this in as she had finally gotten the door opened and had turned herself around in the driver's seat to try to exit.  BUT before she did attempt to exit she thought of one other thing she needed to do...SHE GRABBED HER PORTABLE SPITOON (AKA POP BOTTLE) AND SPIT!!! OR SPAT??!!!

I had planned on asking her if she needed assistance getting out but when she saw me starting to open my door, she gave me a big, totally toothless grin and said "It's hell to get old!"

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    tom jones....she's all you'd ever want! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!!! What a character. You painted the picture perfectly. I can see that toothless grin.

    Hope you're doing good, Cathy,
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The encounter WAS a hoot!! I'm doing well but do have a Dr appointment for as soon as we get home!! Hugs!!!

      Delete
  3. Toothless, decked out in makeup, earrings and necklace with pretty grey sweats AND SPITS and swears!!! ~ ahhhhh... makes you wonder what she was like in her prime! Ha! Good one Cathy ~ thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta love them southern old ladies!!!!! roflmbo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive