Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS

OK, MAYBE it isn't the first day of Christmas, but it WAS the Christmas dinner at Piedmont NWR.  And NOW I can tell you what the "up north treat" was that I had fed' ex'd down here. 

A couple guessed pasties....nope...cheese curds; cheddar and white cheddar.  I don't think our friends thought they are the delicacy that WE think they are,  BUT on the other hand, it wasn't like we were lacking for food, calories or cholesterol!

Toby fixed the two deep fried turkeys, and there was mac and cheese, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, green beans, broccoli casserole, Yooper stuffing, and I don't know what all.  PLUS there was desserts of all shapes and sizes.  Again, no calories in them AT all!!  WHEW!!!  What a meal!!

The guy in uniform is Toby and the other man is hubby Dan.

This photo doesn't even begin to show what all was on the table!!!

I should have also taken a photo of all the pies and other types of desserts that are in the fridge at the office!  I think, even though we have tomorrow off, that we will find a reason to go to the office tomorrow!!!


2 comments:

  1. The turkey looks good. I'll have to take your word for it on the rest. Close ups. This reader wants close ups! It seems to have been quite a spread.

    Let the holidays commence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say deep fried turkey! OMGosh, those are soooo good. It looks like a perfect Christmas dinner to me! YUM.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive