Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, December 21, 2012

CHOCOLATE THAT SPARKLES!!!

You know how I LOVE chocolate!  But it has to be MILK chocolate unless it is dark chocolate surrounded by  heavenly cookie dough!

Just stick with me.  It'll all be clear in a moment or two....

Dan and I have been together for about 30  years and married for 25 of those.  When we decided to get married, in an effort to help save some money, I told him that I would be proud and honored to wear his mother's engagement ring if he would feel comfortable with that. 

So, since being married, I have proudly worn his mother's ring.  He did pick out a Black Hills gold wedding band and a "pre-engagement" ring with 4 little diamonds in it for me.  The pre-engagement ring as a Christmas present while his Mom was still alive.

I'm not a jewelry type of gal.  BUT I have fallen deeply in love with chocolate diamonds, never expecting that I would actually have one.

BUT, Dan took me to Kay Jewelers in Macon yesterday and we found the one I had drooled over (watching ads on TV)...and he bought it for me!  He told the clerk that he figured after 30 years that I deserved a diamond to call my own.

It has to be sent out to be sized because Tinkerbell I am not... 

It won't be back till either Jan 4th or 5th.  We plan on leaving here the 4th to head to Cordel, so we'd have to drive about 80 miles back to pick it up.  I'm going to ask our manager here if maybe we could leave on Monday, the 7th so we can pick it up prior to heading for our next position.

So, with all that said, here is my chocolate that sparkles!!!

It's the one with the stars by it!!!  Not a very good picture but it is from their book.

Dan said maybe next  year we can get the band that goes with it, on the left side....

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh how thoughtful! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Your ring is just beautiful. You'll have to post a picture of it on your hand.
    Lynda in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive