Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, September 03, 2012

WORD FOR THE DAY IS....

EXHAUSTIPATED.

That is when you are just too tired to give a sh--!

And right now I wish I was in that arena.

Oh, I'm exhausted, but the other part hasn't bothered me yet.  I WISH I DIDN'T give a sh--!  It would make life easier as a business owner.

Good thing we've got a bit over a month before we close and get out of here for about 6 months.  I've about had it up to here with inconsiderate guests.

Right now I'm sitting here stewing about some people who checked in yesterday, signed the check in form (which in essence says they agree to read the rules and abide by them, it also states in BIG BOLD BLACK LETTERS THAT CAMPGROUND CHECK OUT TIME IS NOON, MICHIGAN TIME). 

These same guests, after reading that, asked me what time check out time was.  I politely told them it was still noon, it hadn't changed since they read the form only seconds before.  Well, I DID NOT add that part, but I wanted to.

It is 1:10 p.m. and they are still here...even though I was out about 12:45 to make sure they were OK.  They were fine, "just slow getting around this morning".

On the other side of the coin, I had another guest who arrived about 10:45 and wanted his site that was reserved.  I told him that he would have to wait, because check out time wasn't till noon and his site wasn't available yet.  I also told him that it was on his confirmation that we don't want guests to arrive before 12:30 p.m. Michigan time.  His reply was "I don't read things like that."  He was not happy that he had to wait on another spot till his was available.

So if you are a camper, please pay attention to check IN and check OUT times.   You'll save everyone a bunch of problems.  Just because there might be other sites available does NOT mean the site you are on is NOT taken.  This is just plain rude when you cannot abide by a simple thing like check out time.  It isn't fair to others who DO abide or others who may be waiting for that site.  If you have a problem, like a flat tire or a dead battery, TELL THE CAMPGROUND MANAGER OR OWNER.   But when there are NO ISSUES LEAVE WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTED TO.

And, yes, I am still stewing!


10 comments:

  1. I don't blame you, Cathy, for stewing. We had camped for many years, and yes, it is frustrating having to wait for your site, especially when there is no apparent reason for the previous campers to still be there. We waited half a day once for our reserved and paid-for site. There was no camp host, just a county guy that came around once a day. Like you say, it's understandable if there is a dire issue, but the rest is pure disrespect. It sounds like you are fair and run a tidy ship...keep up the good work. It just takes one ungrateful camper who doesn't give a sh** about the ' privilege ' of a nice campground to stay in. I wish we still camped. We'd check you out.
    BlessYa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just that people don't think about what ifs. Lots of times people will come in and ask for a full hook up and then be ornery about it when I tell them we don't have any. They see all the other empty sites and assume those are full hook up..which they are not.

      Delete
  2. Charlotte9:31 PM

    Cathy, I know I would make it doing your job. It seems more and more people just don't understand doing as the rules say. Sorry you have to put up with these type people. By the way, Dar, my husband and I spent the night at Cathy's campground in June. It's a great place to camp. We were so surprised with the size of the tent spots. Lots of room. We hope to make it back there again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed your stay!!! Hope you DO get to come back!

      Delete
  3. Charlotte9:33 PM

    Just notice it should say wouldn't make it. I know it's time to go to bed when proof read it and don't find the error.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary H. / Battle Creek4:47 PM

    You've got way more patience than I do !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, maybe I just have better meds than you do!!!

      Delete
  5. Bill P., Ft. Wayne In.12:44 AM

    Wow, Cathy it takes all kinds of people dosen't it. I know we arrived early for your cabins when you did snowmobile season but we always called first and we always left on time. i miss your daily blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey stranger!!!! Good to hear from ya! How is everyone! We miss the snowmobile season and guests like you guys. YOU and your friends made our winters enjoyble; always good guests!!

      I'll eventually get back to a better "blog keeping" update.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive