Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, September 07, 2012

THE GIRLS ARE JUST FINE

But my elbow is not....

Because many of my readers have either gone thru breast cancer or breast cancer scares and because one of them in particular holds a place dear to my heart (yes, you Sandy) and always reminds us female types to get that mammogram, I am sharing that my girls have undergone the annual ritual of boob squashing and came thru it just fine.

But, I have 3 lumps above my left elbow!

I found these one day after I had tried to keep the storm door from slamming by using my upper arm to catch it.  This started happening back in June.  I didn't think much of it other than it hurt like someone holding a torch to it for about a minute.  And I was also thinking is must be close to the "funny bone".

But about 10 days ago, it happened again and this time the fire wouldn't stop.  I finally felt my elbow area and discovered one fair size lump (feels about like the size of a ping pong ball) and two smaller ones, all under the skin.

The smaller ones feel like the necrobosis  lipodica skin condition that I have (that makes ugly marks where ever I've had surgery or mosquito bites...some people think I have been burned in places because that is kind of what it looks like...and if they are accidentally bumped against something, or if I forget and itch one, it is pure fire pain). Most people who have this have sugar diabetes, but my glucose levels are always fine.

So I saw my Dr yesterday and he felt with my auto immune problem that we probably better consult with the surgeon.  He was able to track him down so he came in to feel my lumps.  Long story short, they both feel to be on the safe side I should have the big one and possibly the small ones removed, hoping they haven't grown attached to anything important.  Surgery date hasn't been scheduled yet, but most likely will be the 25th of September.

So now, I'm thinking...is this going to interfere with our leaving date?  How long will before I can have the stitches out??  One other time, after having a biopsy done on one of these skin things to find out just what it was, we had planned on leaving and so it was going to be up to Dan to take my 3 little stitches out.  His close up vision is so bad that he couldn't get the last one out.  I kept that little prickery thing till we got back to Michigan in the spring and my sister, the RN, took it out for me.  So, I don't know if I want to depend on Dan to remove any stitches!

In the meantime, I will try to not bump my elbow!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh NO!! Are you SURE it isn't from ribbing Dan all the time??
    Seriously, hope all works out and you can hit the road when you want. Besides, there are walk in clinics all over the nation where someone can remove stitches, so not to worry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's a good one. I hadn't thought about a walk in clinic so thanks for that idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive