Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, September 09, 2012

NUTTIN' MUCH

We have a new kind of tree.  We thought all these years it was an orange bush, but come to find out it must be a rubber tree because I found 3 used condoms under it this morning.  WHEW!!!  Someone had a work out in OUR  YARD!  I'm sure someone thinks it was funny, but I don't!   YUCK!!  I'd rather pick up after someone's dog!

Do you ever feel like you "put yourself out there" trying to get a relationship to be better or even to work better?  No, I'm not talking about Dan, but some other people who I TRY to keep near and dear to my heart as well as wishing I was near and dear to THEIR heart.  Emails and posting on their FB page doesn't seem to get it.  But then I am the mean old woman if I forget a birthday...sigh....

Camping has come to about a screeching halt!  We only had 13 campers last night.  This coming weekend though, we do have a Good Sam group coming thru so that will be helpful.  This is beautiful camping weather right now.  The nights are cool and crisp and the days have been perfect.

Dan has been busy burning up OLD picnic tables.  First he has to cut them down to size in order to get them in the burning barrel.  He sure stinks when he is around this burning stuff.  I almost asked him to eat his lunch on the porch yesterday.  I DID tell him there would be no supper till he took a shower and put on clean clothes.  He agreed.  He knew it was bad when he could finally smell himself!

I've posted a bunch of new photos at my Flickr pages

Check them out!  But in the meantime, here is one of them....alright, TWO of them....








3 comments:

  1. Yuck yuck yuck on your rubber tree ~ eeewwww... bad enough one but three!!! YUCK!!

    I wish I was camping right now. I LOVE this kind of weather for camping and have done it many times in the past. We used to camp right up until the end of October ... even got snowed on a few times.
    Hope your surgery goes well and Dan doesn't have to remove stitches for you. Keep us posted:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I admit it....i laughed....and laughed..

    Someday, I will make it to your campground...we are heading out (probably for the last time) this weekend. IF it don't rain.

    As far as Dan goes, I have been known to make Dale strip at the door after working on his projects. I totally know how you feel. Sometimes I think I would rather sleep with a skunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son took a picture of the neighbors daughters boyfriend planting a 'rubber tree' in his yard. So when he knew the boyfriend was over there he took the pic to the girls father. The father took the picture, said thanks to my son and said he would "take care of things!" lol Needless to say the little gift packets stopped showing up in my son's yard.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive