Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR???

We have needed rain.  The Great Lakes need a LOT of rain.  But Holy Wah!!!  This is something I don't think we've experienced before!

It feels like it has been raining for at least a week!!!  The sun will momentarily come out and you think it is safe to take a walk, but then it starts raining with full sunshine.  There have been LOTS of times in the past several days the sun has been shining and it was raining hard.

And there have been lots of times it has been rainy and gray looking...and very windy....and cold....and damp.  I guess it is fall.  At one point it really looked like it was snowing sideways.

I got about half way out to the bathhouse to check it this a.m. and turn the outside lights off and it opened up and poured on me...and the sun was shining.

Anyway....

Tomorrow we will be gone to "da Soo" for the day for Dan's annual VA check up and to get some things we need for our trip down south.  Only about 21 more days till we leave!!!!

Lots of little things to take care of before we head out with our "winter home on wheels".

Thursday I will see the surgeon to get my stitches removed and to find out what those little "bumps" were that he removed from my elbow area.  I can't believe for as big as the one felt that it actually was only the size of a good size pea.  It sure felt like a ping pong ball!!!  I've got 4 places where I was cut and stitched back up and my whole upper arm is a wonderful shade of black and blue.

We have one hummingbird still hanging around.  All the others left a couple of weeks ago, but last week we did have a couple stop by for about a day and then they left.  I hope this little guy or gal takes off pretty soon.

Not much more going on in our neck of da woods!!!


2 comments:

  1. Well I guess it;'s up to you guys in the UP to fill up those great lakes because we're not getting very much rain down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, Hard to imagine it's already time to start thinking about heading South-- seems like summer flew by in the blink of an eye.

    Sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope it's a simple answer and resolved easily.

    And I hope you have a dry ride to the VA. Safe travels, xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive