Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HELL WEEK ON WHEELS

It has been customer service hell week...trying to keep everyone happy.  

This past week has been a test for both of us. Cabin guests who were rude, noisy to the point of people ringing our door bell in the middle of the night complaining about them.  These same guests tried to cheat us out of a couple of bucks for wood.  They basically came up to da Yoop to party I guess.  We tried to be polite and patient and give them a bit of a lee-way as far as quiet time, but when someone is still whooping it up after 10:30 p.m. it's time to say something.  It's a long story with boring details.

But after this group of 4 was "disciplined" at  11: 00 p.m. at night, they were so desparate to "get even" that they all went on Face Book at 3 a.m. to LIKE us and say we were the worst place they have ever stayed.  The only reason I know what time it was is due to the time stamp on their posts.

I guess they thought I'd probably remove the post, but I didn't.  I left it for everyone to see...along with my response...which was very polite, but also reminded them that they were given all the rules and it was even on their confirmation that quiet time started at 10 p.m.  That doesn't mean that you can't sit quietly by your campfire and enjoy the evening, etc, etc.

They went to a lot of effort to try to bad mouth us on our business FB page.  And I left everyone one of their posts up...as well as those TRUE people that have liked us and the responses that THOSE people left. 

I posted other info on our FB page in-between their rants about the upcoming blueberry festival in Paradise (this weekend!!) and some other photos, etc...hoping they would go away quietly when they saw it wasn't doing any good.  Not to be.  So I ignored the other couple of posts until I found out that they had taken campfire wood from their neighbor while he and his son was gone during the day!  I posted something like "What kind of a guest takes campfire wood from someone else' firepit area?"  I didn't mention any names nor said anything that would make people think it was these same guests.  But people posted that it was getting to be pretty sad when things like that happen, etc etc. 

THEN the one girl from the cabin (the one who made the reservation) posted "We didn't steal it.  We thought he had checked out.  We offered to give it back when they came back".  AND I HADN'T EVEN ELUDED THAT IT WAS THESE SAME PEOPLE!!!  Open lap top, insert foot!  HA!

Or the people who don't believe that you really shouldn't put food in your firepit when you are done eating....then complain the next day that they couldn't go to the bathroom at 2 a.m. because there was a skunk at their campsite.  HELLLLLL-00000000000000?????

You remember before we opened the park this season that we purchase 4 of the low water usage toilets for in the bathhouse?  Trying to do our environmental thing...ONE is coming out either today or tomorrow.  You cannot keep those things unplugged!!  Dan worked almost 2 hours on this particular one and would have put a different toilet in yesterday if one had been available.  It will be available today.  He has trouble with the ones in the women's room too, but not THIS bad.

T-minus 60 days and counting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gary H. / Battle Creek6:00 PM

    Some people are just idiots.....PLAIN & SIMPLE !!! Congrats on refinding your winter employment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Cathy,

    Some people are just not nice.....and I'm sorry to say it seems to be the youth these days. I think all the negative things that were said are really positive.....I don't want noise when I'm trying to enjoy a nice nights sleep.

    Steff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive