Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

AHHHHHHH...NICE SLEEPING WEATHER!

It was 47 degrees this morning!  We didn't need the fan on last night!  We actually found ourselves curled up UNDER the blankets this morning instead of on top of them.  Perfect sleeping weather!!

We did get some rain the other night.  Actually it was a downpour of about 15 minutes, but it is still VERY dry up here.  Campers that we had visiting from Iowa said that farmers in the north part are just plowing down their crops because they are all a total loss.  THAT is just one state; I'm sure it is happening in other states as well.  Maybe NOW consumers will realize that farming IS EVERYONE'S bread and butter.

I'm visiting a new chiropractor today, well he's new for ME anyway.  I've been having such issues with my neck again.  It feels like a horrible Charlie horse, in the side of my neck.  And it would happen at the most inopportune time....like checking someone in.  I couldn't help but gasp and grab my neck and almost fall to my knees with the pain.  I'm sure I have scared some of our guests.  It is better the past couple of days, but now it feels like it should be black and blue.  So, we'll see if he has any magic in his fingertips.

I enjoy bright colors, so thought I would try my hand at "re-arranging" a couple of photos that I took of church windows.     Other than that, pretty much the same thing going on here!



2 comments:

  1. Charlotte3:07 PM

    Hope the new doc is of some, actually a lot of help to you and your neck.
    Your temperature this am sounds wonderful. Since we've been back from our trip north (July 4th)the lowest we've had was 69 one morning. But we had some humidity with it. Have had the air off since coming back. Temps for today and the next 2 days is 90 and above. Can't wait for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, He seems to have helped but it would really help if I didn't have to sit in front of a computer as much. Thanks for the well wishes.

    Fall is in the air!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive