Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Please tell me, what IS safe to do any more??

You have to train your kids to defend themselves.  You have to train yourself to defend yourself.   You constantly have to be looking over your shoulder.  I think I'd have preferred growing up in the '50s.

One would think it would be safe to go to a movie.  But even that is no longer a safe thing to do.

This "person" who planned this down to a T...please don't try to tell me he was insane at the time and needs to be tried as such.  Was he trained by terrorists?  Did he get ALL this info from the Net, the same place he apparently got all his ammunition, etc?

MAKES ME SICK...

On a brighter note, thought I would share some hummer photos with ya.  We think they may be breeding again since they've been doing their "courting dance".  The young ones did appear at the feeders about 4 weeks earlier than the norm for our area, so MAYBE there WILL be two broods before they take off in September.

Before I post the photos, I don't think I've told ya that part of our winter plans have fallen apart.

We were supposed to be at Sante NWR in S. Carolina from January to April.  I received an email letting us know they are no longer having winter volunteers due to lack of things to do and funding.  So now we are putting feelers out to see where we might be able to finish up the winter.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy, So sorry to hear your winter plans fell apart. That kinda stinks. I hope something good turns up that you'd enjoy doing. Fingers crossed.

    I'm with you in the "makes me sick" part. Grrrrrr. Nuff said on that.

    Your hummers are gorgeous. We have many in our area but they move so fast I never get to see them up close like these. Thanks.

    Hope you're feeling good. xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive