Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF...

MOTHERS! 

I know, it should be Out of the mouths of babes, but in this case it is the mother.  I never know what I will hear or observe when cleaning the bathhouse.

This a.m.

Male child in shower stall to mother in next stall " Why does daddy call this my pee pee and you call it, what was it?"

Mother to child "IT IS YOUR PENIS!!"

Child (peeking out around the shower curtain with little hand over his mouth trying to suppress a giggle.  He was not successful in this endeavor, not even close)

Mother "Get over it and stop smirking at these things!  It is a fact of life!"


Yesterday, about 5:00 a.m. I was in the women's room cleaning and replacing toilet paper (we go thru a LOT of TP when the kids from Tamarack Camps are here).  A little girl, maybe 6 years old came in and said " I just saw a toad!!"  I said "YOU DID!!!  Did you kiss him; maybe he is a handsome prince!"  She "No, it was worse than that.  I stepped on him with my bare feet.  I didn't like that feeling!'  I said "I bet the toad didn't like that feeling either".  She giggled.  I didn't ask whether the toad survived or not.

Or the Grandma who came in to register for a cabin and a campsite for her daughter and the kids....
I think Grandma had already had a long trip and a longer day trapped in a van with all her family.  One of the questions we always ask our campers (pets are not allowed in our lodging) "Are there any pets?"  She replied "Good lord no!  Just having all the kids is quite enough!"  But you could tell she was happy that they could have this vacation together.

I cannot believe how those people without power for all these days are coping.  I would probably have gone crazy and bumped someone off by now.  It is hot enough here.  I haven't taken a walk (other to the bathhouse and back or to a campsite and back) in many days.  I think I'm going to get a miners cap so I can go after 11 p.m....trouble is I actually want sleep more than exercise by then.  The nights are really short when the kids from Tamarack are here.

I had thoughts of baking a lemon flavored cake and turning it into a Jell-0 poke cake.  I bought lemon Jell-o yesterday and have the stuff to make home made lemon frosting, but IT IS TOO DAMN  HOT!  I would settle for some of Grandma Maties sugar cookies and a glass of homemade lemonade.

Well, here's hoping you have a fun filled 4th!  Keep it safe!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gary H. / Battle Creek10:09 AM

    And a safe and "Happy Independence Day" to you too !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive