Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, July 05, 2012

OH NO, YOU DIN'T!!

What a start to the day!

I didn't realize Dan had already headed out to the bathhouse about 5 a.m. until the weather radio woke me up.  Do you know HOW loud those things are when you are sound asleep???

After I was able to peel myself off the ceiling and put my heart back in my chest and turn the radio "off", I quickly got dressed so I could get out and help Dan before it started storming like crazy.  It was already lightening and thundering and neither one of us are too keen on walking in the lightening.  I debated on whether to take the truck out to the bathhouse.

By the time I decided to take my chances and walk out Dan was already on his way back to the office.

I made coffee, he took a quick shower (lightening and all of that makes  ya quick) and then it started to rain.

Something we never do is have a morning to ourselves where we can sit on the deck, with our coffee and start the day.  But we thought with all the rain that no one would be coming up to the office right away.

Our deck is partially covered so it IS possible to sit and watch the rain, the clouds, the birds, etc.  And the hummers have gotten so use to us, that they will use the feeder that hangs on the deck "ceiling".

It was so peaceful, even with the lightening.  And the clouds were spectacular.  But it started raining harder so I set my covered coffee mug on the railing of the deck and came in to shut some windows.

I returned, set in my chair, watched the hummers at this feeder, conversed a bit with Dan and then reached to pick up my covered coffee mug.  At the same time, a male hummer decided it was time to take a poop.  He managed to get my hand AND MY COFFEE MUG COVER!  OH, NO YOUR DIN'T!  Oh, yes he did.  YUCK!!

I didn't mind the part of washing my hands but now my cup of coffee was tainted!!!  I mean I like my morning coffee so much that Juan Valdez has adopted me as part of the family.  I only have two LARGE cups of coffee in the a.m. so it isn't like I drink a lot...well, I DON'T think I do, but then Dan says I'm the only person he knows that can type 60 words a minute with my toes after my morning coffee.

SO YES, I WAS DISAPPOINTED AND DID NOT EVEN CONSIDER A 2ND CUP OF COFFEE.   My mug and lid are SOAKING IN BLEACH.  Probably for the next several hours!!!!

Hope your day gets off to a better start!




4 comments:

  1. I think I'd leave em there for a day or so....ewww...better yet...head off to the dollar store and buy a new one....plant a flower in the one he pooped in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I don't think I can replace this mug!!! I'm sure between soaking in the bleach and using Clorox rags I made it safe again!

      Delete
  2. Charlotte4:53 PM

    I think I agree with Amy, I'd buy a new cup.

    Hi Cathy, This is Charlotte who spent a night at your place last Sunday. We enjoyed your campgrounds. The big lot was great. We found our son and family in Pictured Rocks and spent the day and night with them. Then we headed back to east and got home last night about 11:00 pm. The trip around Lake Superior was great, weather was great too. Can't wait to make out next trip north.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed your time with us! It was very nice meeting one of my readers! Come back again!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive