Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, June 11, 2012

REPEAT

People have many reasons for why they either return to a campground or do NOT return to a campground.

For non-campers, the biggest reason is because of the restrooms and showers not being clean, or possibly the owner just wasn't in a good mood the day they checked in.

For us, our repeat business has been many things.  It is because of our cleanliness, or spacious pull-thru- sites, our location and that we TRY to make our guests feel at home.

But we have one repeat guest who hasn't been here since probably 2006. 

She just called to make a reservation and told me that they had camped with us a couple of other times, and wondered if I remembered what site they had used before.

While I was taking her information, I was trying to place the name and a face.  I am TERRIBLE with names.  I will recognize your face or your RV, but names don't stick.

We were talking as I was getting her info and she said "I hate to ask you this, but do you still have Nick?"  THEN I remembered who she was!!

The first time they were here, Nick, our Husky, sang for them and she thought it was wonderful.  He could really hold a note and sang loudly.   So a couple of years later they were back (they live in Pa.) and asked if they could video Nick signing so she could show her Grandkids.

By this time, Nick was getting up in years and wasn't feeling like he had as much to sing about as he did when he was younger, but he wanted so much to please people.  So he sang a little bit for them, but you could tell his heart wasn't in it.

I hated to tell her that we had Chewy put down in January 2007 and Nick in May of 2007.

We still miss them both terribly, especially when we think about the joy they brought to others, especially Nick.

But, it is nice to know that we were remembered as the campground with the "gorgeous singing dog"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive