Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, June 09, 2012

BOOKS!!

I LOVE TO READ!!!

Sometimes it is hard for me to find THE right book.  But I am very fortunate that several years ago, I stared a "book exchange library" for our camping/lodging guests.

I'm sure there are at least 500 books in the library.  I started out with just a few, picked some up at yard sales, etc and kept adding to the collection.  Some guests would leave off a sack full of books and not take anything in exchange.

When I read one of the books in the library, I put our Clementz's Northcountry Campground and Cabins stamp/address on the inside.  That way I know if I have read it and the next person who gets the book hopefully will remember they got it here and they  had a nice time!!

But, I have gotten to a standstill.  It isn't that I have read all the books out there.  It is just that I haven't found any that hold my attention or impress me enough that I want to read it.

So I splurged yesterday.  I re-joined Literary Guild.  Now, I'm counting the days  till my 7 new books arrive.  I bought 5 for 99 cents and was able to get two others for $5.99 each (plus shipping).

The first time I joined Literary Guild (many years ago) I had to start keeping a list of the books I had purchased because TWICE within the course of a couple of years I purchased those books again.  So, now I compare what I want to purchase to what I've already purchased.

Even though LG gives you a synopsis of what the book is about and who the author is, sometimes that just doesn't stick with me...until I get the book and start reading it.

Hopefully, in a couple of weeks I will have my new books.

Do you enjoy reading and if so who is your favorite author?

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte10:19 PM

    I can't name just one author as a favorite. I have lots of authors that I like. In 1996 I started keeping a notebook with all the books I read. The notebook looks like I beat it up it's been used so many times. I bought Ellen Airgood's book last summer on our trip north. Good book. Also love all the books Steve Hamilton wrote that took place in Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, I love that you started the library but I know what you mean about books not holding your attention.

    I used to read 3-4 books a month... then I started blogging and my reading dwindled to about 2 per month. Then BOTH Barnes & Nobles and Borders book stores closed in our area and now I mostly read blogs and off the internet.... unless I'm traveling and then I turn to the bestsellers lists and read one of the top fiction and top "self-help" books that look interesting.

    Hope you have some good reads coming your way!

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive