Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

ZIP, ZAM, ZOWIE AND SWOOSH!!!!

"TO THE BAT CAVE ROBIN!!"

I'm sure that is exactly what that robin was thinking.

I am going to post a few photos that maybe some of you might want to look away eventually, but there is a story to tell.

I was walking back to the house the other evening when something SWOOSHED by me and created such a draft, my hair blew...and I swear I felt a very light contact with whatever it was.  Just for a second I was extremely startled, but I quickly looked and found that a hawk was chasing a robin full throttle and I had been the "back stretch and coming round the far turn" position post.

The flight continued and the robin was flying for his life.  Then there were swallows that got involved and THEY were in hot pursuit of the hawk.  I have no idea where the robin went, but all of those birds apparently lived to see another day.

However, that same evening, there was a cowbird in our yard that was not as fortunate as those other birds were...but it did make for some great shots, even if they WERE taken thru the dining room window.





1 comment:

  1. Charlotte7:34 PM

    Love seeing what Crisp Point looked before I found it. I think I first discovered in around 2000-2001. Now I want to be a lightkeeper one of these summers. My husband and I will be up your way late June early July. Hope to stop and say hello.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive