I didn't realize I hadn't posted since Monday till someone emailed so ask if I was OK.
Yep, I'm fine. We've been busy with campground stuff getting ready to open (yesterday).
When we got home in April, we had checked everything out and made sure everything worked OK. Our first cabin guests arrived yesterday and the day before we found out that the little water heater to the bathroom sink had DIED!! You could get lukewarm water. FORTUNATELY, the shower has a water heater all it's own. I guess we did good with getting 14 years of use out of those little water heaters. The other cabin has one too and it ALSO died. So Monday, we've got a local plumber coming out and we're going to eliminate those little water heaters and just tie that line into the big water heater.
Now, you are probably wondering why that didn't happen in the first place. When we built the cabins, they did not have a shower; just a bathroom. Our cabin guests would use the campground bathhouse. But when we decided we were going to close the campground in the winter and just keep our lodging open that meant putting showers in the cabins. It also meant adding on to the cabins so they were more than just camping cabins.
Since the little water heaters were there for the bathroom sink, we didn't change the plumbing around...now we wished we would have. Can you believe those little bitty 5 gallon water heaters cost more than a 40 gallon???
Also, by eliminating the little water heaters out of the bathroom, it will give more room in the bathroom. And I bet the hardwood floor under the heaters will look BRAND NEW after 14 years of no traffic on that area!
I have mentioned before that I've been having fun scanning old photos into my computer. Here is a collage of some that were taken at Cedar Point several years ago. To believe that I use to stand in line for more than 2 hours to get on a roller coaster??!!! Hey, I'd still do it if I could STAND that long without being in pain!!!
First Chemo Treatment is Behind Us
4 days ago