Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

WE NEED RAIN

While we aren't as bad off as many parts of the country, it is getting bad in our area.  There wasn't much snow and there has hardly been any rain.  Fire danger continues to be high and we continue to have strong winds in the afternoon.

The good thing with the wind is that it helps with bug control!

It scares us when guests want to have a campfire when it is like this.  But it hasn't gotten to the point where the DNR has banned campfires in the State parks...yet.  We kind of take our cue from that.

The rivers are down, the Great Lakes are down...but they are still beautiful.

Our apple tree has at least 10000000 blossoms on it and the crab apple trees are starting to blossom too.  They are just alive with bees and things that go BZZZZZZZZ.  There have been smaller  hummingbird moths enjoying the trees and the hummingbirds like to sit in that apple tree in front....which is where I was the other night trying to get some bee photos.  Those bees could have cared less that I was only this far -- from them.  But it seemed whenever I'd get ready to snap the photo, THAT is when they'd take off for another blossom.  I was so into what I was doing I didn't realize that I was getting bit up by black flies.  I've got bites on both hands.  I'm surprised they didn't go for the ears, they usually do!

Dan and our helper finished the 6 picnic tables today and are delivering them to various campsites.  Then they are taking the older tables from THOSE campsites and putting them on the tent sites.  All tent sites DO have tables, but some were really showing their age...of course it doesn't help matters any when people insist on carving their names DEEP into the old cedar.  Those tables are over 20 years old and that just shows ya how well cedar lasts!!

Any-hoo, here are some photos for ya!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive