Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, May 04, 2012

NUTTIN' MUCH

We have hired a young man who will be graduating this year.  In August he will be leaving for the Marines.  So far he seems to be a very determined worker, so our fingers are crossed.

Yesterday, we took off for the Soo.  Dan's old shopvac died the other day...it was sucking out dirt fine, but it was blowing it out the otherside at the same time.  IT WAS TIME TO RETIRE IT ANYWAY.

I needed a new mouse, and we figured we better get a paper shredder.  That is a lot easier than cutting up credit card #'s and guests info with scissors (besides we can't cut an "8 way cut" and this thing can..isn't a marvel?).  New top sheets for the bunk beds in the cabins and I don't know what else other than some non business related stuff.

I've been sorting thru old 35mm photos to see which ones to scan.  Hard to make that decision.  One that I wanted the most I cannot find.  It was a good closeup shot of my daughter driving in a harness race.  I think she was 15 at the time.  She was old enough to get her license to drive in "matinees" but couldn't drive in night time races, which suited ME just fine.

Dan found a last years hummingbird nest, so I'm posting some photos of it.  We're anxious to see if it gets used again this  year; now that we know where it is, we can check on it.





Dan said that there must be a male in the area and he is already wooing the prospective mate.  I asked him why he would think that.  His reply "Well, look...he's putting flower petals in the bed."

We haven't seen  hummers yet, but two feeders are out and waiting for their arrival.  How about you?? See any hummers yet?

3 comments:

  1. Grama and I have been watching down here....none yet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have many, many hummingbirds in our yard-- I can watch them for hours out the window. They are gorgeous and pretty amazing. I hope your nest is full again this year.

    I use our paper shredder all the time. When I got it I thought it was a waste of money, but now-- i'm shocked at how much stuff we get that needs to be shredded. I can only imagine ow much you'll use it with your business.

    Hope you're feeling good Cathy.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw our first hummer about a week/week and a half ago.
    Lynda in Southwest lower Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive