Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, April 27, 2012

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF;

Last week we stopped at Mc'D's in Newberry on our way home from someplace and had a shake.

The man and woman sitting in the booth behind us (both on the same seat) were on their computers.  Or at least I should say HE was, she couldn't get online.  And she let her presence be known.  Then she let her agitation be known.  The manager came over to try to assist her getting on their free wifi and everything he said to do  made perfect sense to me but she wasn't hearing any of it.

And it gave me the shudders.

Pretty soon, WE will be the ones getting the wrong end of the stick.  We go thru this every year.  So in preparation of all of that, I have created the following signage to put in two places;



7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Cathy,

    I turn my phone off right after I cross the bridge and don't turn it back on till I'm back over going home. The point of da UP is to get away from all THAT STUFF.

    People just don't know how to relax anymore.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny but true. And it isn't just in da UP. We have become to accustomed to being connected all the time, we find that signals are always spotty when traveling.

    Best wishes on your season. We are heading to the UP next week for business but we get to open our cabin for the year. Always a highlight of our summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from ya!! Yep, this winter WE had very spotty connection and the "person" I was chewing out was AT&T!

      Delete
  3. ha ha ha.....very true Cathy....I like it....I am accustomed to NO Wifi while camping so to even have spotty signal is great with me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish everyone had that attitude!

      Delete
  4. Gary H / Battle Creek4:14 PM

    Ha-ha, love the sign. When I go UP north, I don't bring no stinking computer.....I'm there to FISH !!! Not to mention partaking of some Taquamenon Brewery barley pops....LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with all the comments. When we come north, I cannot wait to be away from the computer and spotty cell phone signal. I figure if someome needs me in an emergency situation,they can call the local law enforcement. And then it better involve blood!!! lol Coming to Curtis in September, hoping to make on up to your area to finally meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive