Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

GETTIN' INTO MY YOOPER GEAR

After about 185 days of NO LONG UNDERWEAR, I've finally decided it is time to put them back on.

I have refused to put them on since arriving back home last Saturday, but I've been paying for it by being cold. 

It has been pretty nasty weather since we returned, so we haven't accomplished much outside anyway, but today, the sun is shining, it is a whopping 28 degrees, the frost on everything is pretty (except for the frost on my nose and eyelashes) and we THINK we'll get started on some outside work...so I figured I needed the long johns so I don't break out in hives and I don't shatter my teeth (because hopefully they won't be banging together from being cold).

Hair cut scheduled for next Monday (HOO-RAY!), water test to go in next week for the park, put an add in the paper for campground help and one on Tradio, almost have everything out of the 5th wheel that we want out, so we are slowly gaining.  Now, I just have to remember where all that stuff REALLY goes in our home instead of just putting it on the couch!

So that's about it in our neck of da woods.  How about you?  HEY, GARY from Battle Creek...where the heck are you?   You haven't been on here in AGES!! 



THINK SPRING!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to springtime in da U.P. where the weather can go from 70s to frost in a days time!
    The garden pics are NOT mine but we do have raised beds for the most part and we end up with a pretty healthy looking garden come late summer into fall.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary H. / Battle Creek4:04 AM

    I.m still alive and kicking, just not kicking as high as I used to. Glad your trip down south and back went well, welcome back to the mitten state for another glorious summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive