Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

BIG WHEEL KEEP ON CHURNING

Or I could say "The wheels on the bus go round, round, round"  Or "Spinnin' wheels got to go round".

But in this case it was a BIG wheel of toilet paper, in the women's room at Wal-Mart.

It seems I can always pick the shopping cart with a mind of its own or manage to get in a bathroom stall that is either close to being out of TP or you can't get the roll started to save your hide (or backside).

I managed to get a stall that had a fresh BIG ROUND wheel of TP, however no one had put it inside the case.  It was perched precariously atop the dispenser.  If you've ever been been in one of those stalls you know that you pretty much have to go in to the stall, and straddle the seat in order to shut the door.  In other words, you basically have to step outside to change your mind...they are small.

I was surprised that my effort to get the door shut didn't dislodge the TP from its perch.  But there it sat, big as cuffy...until I tried to take a hold of it to tear off some TP.  I managed to drop that big roll but I DID have a hold of the end of a piece of TP.

I'm sitting there trying to get the big roll back where I can maneuver to get more paper but the harder I try (again there isn't much room, you bend over from you sitting position and hit your head on the door), the more it does not cooperate.  Next thing I know this damn roll of TP is taking off under the door and across the floor outside the stall...and I'm still trying to stop it by pulling on the end of the tissue.  I swear that thing picked up speed (by now I had probably two trees worth of TP in my hand) before it came to a  halt and fell over at the wall by the sinks (which I didn't realize until I managed to get OUT of the stall.)

No one else was in the restroom which may have been a good thing, not sure.  But if this whole episode wasn't enough, the automatic flusher kept flushing while I was trying to sit still and get some paper.  Those darn things really bug me.  I WILL TELL YOU WHEN I AM DONE AND NEED TO FLUSH. 

Other than that, we had a good day.  We finally got out Chinese buffet, picked up a "bird bath" at TSC (I had to throw my ground bath/fountain away last fall because it was breaking apart) and picked up my desktop computer and monitor from National Office Products where I had it stored for the winter.

So, anyone ready to make reservations thru' the office instead of online, I'm ready for ya!

2 comments:

  1. heard the cell towers were down today there for a bit...hope they are fixed now and that the weather warms up so you can get some campers! Amy is due here today which should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Cathy, I have tears running down my face, I am laughing so hard....wow...having been to that particular walmart in question and using the ladies room there, i can relate to the smallness. in relation to the smallness, I should tell you of an incident that happened to me at the Soo Locks....but I will send it to you via email/Facebook private message. Thanks for giving Grama and I a much needed laugh....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive