Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

NUTTIN' MUCH

Well, I didn't intend for that owl to stick out like a sore thumb!  I can't get the darn thing sized so it isn't spread across the top.  Put that on the to do list.

Tomorrow, Dan and I and Bev and Tom will be taking the HHR (kind of like a PT Cruiser) govt vehicle to a school doings in Montecello...we will be assisting kids plant 500 seedlings to take home with them.  The kids are also going to plant several good size dogwood trees in the school yard.  The refuge already has the holes dug for that, so at least we don't have to do that.  And then we go back again the next day to do the same thing for an older age group.  Rain or shine.  They will move it inside if the weather doesn't cooperate.

I can't remember in my previous post if I mentioned we'd both been really sick with a cold...only Dan was/is sicker than me.  THAT surprised both of us due to my lack of an immune system.  I truly think the reason that I didn't have it as bad (badly??) as he is that I have been trying to eat an orange per day.  (Boy, if there are any Grammar teachers out there reading this, I bet this paragraph set the hairs on their neck on end!).  The other day, Dan didn't get out of bed and stay out of bed till about 3 in the afternoon.  He didn't miss any work because we work Wed, Thurs and Friday.

Although, we've been trying to bank up some more hours because he HOPE, weather permitting, to head for Universal Studios in Orlando.  We plan on leaving Sunday and then having two days to spend at the two parks and be back here Wednesday.  I haven't made reservations yet due to waiting on the weather reports.  NOW, I wish we had a SMALL camera to take with us!  We left the old small digital one at home; should have brought it.

Ladies, does your husband listen to you and actually understand/comprehend what you just said???  My case;  as we were driving around the refuge today in one of the areas on the prescribed burn list (cleaning around plastic signs and various kinds of gates), we pulled off onto a drive to one of the gates to hop out and clean it.  I informed Dan as he drove up and stopped that he had stopped over a dead animal.  "uh huh" was his response.

As we sat there, looking at the refuge burn map, engine of truck running running, the smell of decayed something or other became over whelming.  I mean I COULD have hurled my cookies.  IT WAS BAD.  I wished I'd have some Vicks to put under my nose. 

"What the hell is that?" Dan asked.  I said "I TOLD you that you parked over a dead animal!"  Him "Well, I didn't see it."  Me, "So just because YOU didn't see it means it doesn't exist?  NOW you know it DOES.  Back the hell up will ya???!!!"  Now all I can taste is the smell of that dead coyote. YUCK....

And again in the conversation later, he remarked he didn't see it.  This happens all too often; he either doesn't see it or didn't hear it...so therefore it doesn't exist or didn't happen.

Anyone else have that happen??!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Cathy- Really like your owl-spread across the page or not-I have read about the white owls doing an unusual migration south but don't think they are coming this far. You are going to Orlando! That is exciting. Are you going to Disney's Epcot Park? That was my favorite, but it has been years since I have been there. Have fun! Hugs! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, we've been to Epcot and Disney so we're heading to Universal this time...when the weather finally cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, I LOVE the big owl photo-- Wow, what a shot. He's a beauty.

    My husband has a cold too-- a bad one that is only the 3rd time in the 23 years I've known him that he actually called in sick! The bug seems to be nastier this year with so many people coming down with it. I hope you and Dan are feeling better and the weather cooperates so you can go to Universal Studios.

    godson and I go to Universal Studios Hollywood 3 or 4 times a year-- It's a blast.

    Take care, xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive