Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

HERE WE ARE...IN A FOG

CAN YOU SEE US????  It is so foggy this morning I can't even see the shop and other buildings from our "home".  Glad we don't have to work today!

However, later this afternoon we SHOULD be able to go to Macon and pick up Bubba.  We dropped him off last night and got a "loaner".  Now, back home, in da U.P., when you get a loaner from the shop, it usually is an extra vehicle they have on hand for such purposes.

Not here...we were picked up at the dealership in a 2012 Dodge Ram and then was (were?) driven about 3 miles down the road (by now we didn't know what was going on) to a car rental agency.  We spent about another 15 minutes there going over the forms, etc and I finally asked "Are WE paying for this?"  Nope.

The lady finally had everything she needed and we went out to the lot, assuming we were going to get a little car or something.  But she stopped at the truck we just arrived in and we checked it all over, she handed us the keys and said "We'll see you tomorrow!"

I realize it is "only" $20.99 per day to rent the truck, but I am amazed at how well this car dealership treats it's customers.  So a big hats off to FIVE STAR CHRYSLER, DODGE, MAZDA AND JEEP OF MACON, GA.  If I had a web address I would put it here, but I don't find one for them.

Tomorrow the helicopter is scheduled to come for a prescribed burn.  Every one is hoping the weather cooperates.  Spring is really arriving early here and many plants are greening up ( I may have mentioned that before???  Magnolias in bloom, jonquils, daffodils??)

Not much going on, so I guess that is it for now! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive