Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

COULD BE AN INTERESTING DAY AT PIEDMONT

Carolyn, our "boss", let us know a couple days ago that the helicopter is supposed to be here today to help with the prescribed burning process.  She was busy yesterday so we didn't get to confirm that with her.  We will find out this morning.

We received MORE bad news about our Dodge!  And THIS is not covered under warranty.  THE FUEL LINES NEED TO BE REPLACED!  So, we didn't get our truck back yesterday and hopefully will get it back today.  I haven't had a chance to look into this, but a truck with a bit over 40k miles that has only spent one winter in "da U.P"...should this have happened??!!  Maybe it was the salt air when we were at Nags Head??    I think I will take this one  up with Chrysler, not the local dealer back home.

Here is a photo of what the "old" pipe (less than 6 months old) looks like compared to the new one...see the big "crinkle"????  No wonder it wasn't even touching the header!



5 comments:

  1. You're good, Cathy-- I am so not mechanical I wouldn't even know what to Google to look into the problem. But I hope it's a cheap and easy fix. having a vehicle in for repair is not fun.

    And a helicopter, huh? Will you be up in it or would you prefer to keep both feet on the ground?

    xoxo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, Oh, believe me, I'm not mechanically inclined but when push comes to shove I try to get educated REAL quick!!. Considering the whole episode cost Chrysler about $4000 and we paid about $1600 I guess we "got out of it" half ways!

    I WISHED I could have been in the helicopter! I would have LOVED all that swooping back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Cathy,

    Just my two cents worth...it looks like who ever installed the thing might have had a hard time and damaged it trying to get it right. Not sure how it would get so bent on it own ???

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, that's kind of the whole point...sloppy installation. PLUS the fact that it wasn't even connected tightly to the header! We were breathing carbon monoxide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Everytime I've been to a Dodge stealer It was like being in a laundry. Drop your pants. G

    Bigmurf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive