Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

MYSTIC SKY

Currently I am sitting in Toby's house (one of the firefighters and also a Veteran of Iraq) doing laundry and listening to the hail hitting the roof and windows.

I drove the truck over here today so I could bring both computers (he has DSL) and try to get some things caught up a bit...besides the laundry.

This morning, I woke up about 5:30 and thought to myself, "oh, good...I don't have to hear the alarm clock at 6:00 a.m. because it is Saturday." and promptly went back to sleep.

Then about 5:56 a.m. the freaking weather radio started blaring about tornadoes, winds up to 60 mph, hail, thunder...etc.   So, I guess we're getting it here now.  It was supposed to be all over with an hour ago!  Hopefully it is done before I am done otherwise I could be here a while.  I've got two loads to do and don't even have one in the dryer yet, so there is still time.

Tomorrow we are headed to Santee, S. Carolina to visit the refuge there to see about working there January-April 2013.  This fall, we can come back here but only for about 3 months.  Santee is about 4 hours from here, so we hope to drive on up to Alligator River NWR where we worked 3  years ago and visit the "guys at the shop"...their fire crew.  If all goes as planned, we will be back here sometime before dark on Wednesday.

(IT IS REALLY COMING DOWN!!!  ALLISON LAKE SHOULD BE FILLED UP BY THE TIME THIS IS OVER WITH!  It is about a 30 acre lake and had about 20 more inches before it would be at full pool.  They shut the dam about a week ago and I've been taking photos once or twice a day to track the progression).

Speaking of photos, I have a couple to share with you that I'm pretty pleased with.









1 comment:

  1. Your tree pictures are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your rude awakening this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive