Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

TIMBERRRRRRRLAND


I’VE GOT SOME NEW SHOES!!!!  Actually they are very nice work boots…and I hope they work!

Since we’ve been here, I have tripped and fallen 5 times in the woods and fell once getting into our 5th wheel (that time the screen door caught me on the back of the ankle and down I went…managed to avoid hitting the fridge with my head).

4 of the other times were from checking nature trails in the woods.  The grapevines are like trip wires (which might explain why they didn’t take Dan down; he walked point in Nam…but you’d think we’d have warned me about them!).  SEVERAL times I ALMOST fell down and would yell at Dan to “get out of the way!”…which he didn’t and fortunately stopped my fall.

But I did manage to fall down and did manage to NOT hurt myself too badly.  AND I didn’t hurt my camera either….only had it on once when I took a fall.

The last time I fell, we were headed out of the woods from cleaning around those woodpecker trees.  Dan had the fire rakes and I was following him with the loppers in my left hand.  AND I WAS PURPOSELY WALKING VERY SLOWLY AND MAKING SURE TO PICK MY FEET UP.  But I’ll be damned if I didn’t catch my right foot on something and down I went.  I managed to throw the loppers clear of me and this time it DID hurt.  I hurt  my wrists and I was very fortunate that I hadn’t stabbed myself with a small tree that had been cut off (prior to us )and was dead and sharp…and just waiting for someone like me.

THAT last fall did it!  I told Dan I HAD to get different shoes or boots or something.  I love my NB walking shoes, but since I lost that weight last year, they’ve been kind of sloppy on me.  Which would be OK if I wasn’t walking sideways on hills and trying to avoid trip wires.

I tried my true and trusted www.onlineshoes.com and looked for women’s work boots, in a wide that would accommodate orthotics.  Pretty big order for a work shoe.  BUT I FOUND THEM!!  I LOVE THEM!!!  THEY FIT PERFECTLY.  As soon as I put them on they felt comfy; no breaking in required.  And I got a 6” height to hopefully help stabilize my weak ankles.  AND I CAN WALK OVER THE GRAVEL WITHOUT TWISTING MY ANKLE!!

I bought the Timberland brand boot.  I even got a 25% discount on them and as always the shipping and handling is free.  I like mine so much that Dan has ordered a pair of men’s work boots, but he got the 8”.  And we got a 25% discount on his too.

They aren’t as expensive as a lot of work boots, and as I said, mine is very comfy.  I hope Dan likes his too!!  They should be here this week.

So, when it comes to the New Year, are you an optimist or a pessimist?? In case you aren’t sure, maybe this will help;  An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves...so which is it for you???

1 comment:

  1. lol...I'm neither...i go to bed because I usually have to be up the next morning, and the new year is going to come and the old one will go regardless of my state of awakeness! lol...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive