Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, December 02, 2011

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

From my previous post you know we had big plans for today.  Little did we know that the powers in the universe had other ideas for us.

Ever since we had the turbo replaced on the truck, we've noticed OFF AND ON an odor that we thought was diesel fumes.

When we first started noticing we were traveling on our way down here.  We would notice it at rest areas or at gas stations.  We just figured that it was passing traffic and wasn't us.

But, we've been noticing it more and more lately and it is sickening to run either the heater or the a/c.  We were both getting light headed this a.m. even with our windows part way down (and it was 37 degrees).

After breakfast at Shoneys (which was a disappointment; you'd think they'd all be the same and we normally like their breakfast buffet), we took off for Macon in search of a Dodge dealer.  Long story short, IT WAS THE FREAKING WATER  PUMP!!!!  40,052 MILES AND THE WATER PUMP GOES OUT????  The smell was burning anti-freeze.

The bill was over $560 which was covered under warranty...but even thought it didn't come out of OUR pocket, it still is pretty maddening and unusual, wouldn't you think????

So, from about 10 a.m. this morning till about 4:30 p.m. this afternoon, we sat in a waiting room, in front of a large screen TV with all kinds of various people also sitting and waiting.  Not everyone had to wait as long as we did, but we are not complaining about the wait.  We were fortunate they didn't say, make an appointment and come back.  They were very helpful and offered us a shuttle to anyplace in Macon we might want to go...even offered to order take out for us.

There was a lot of mind numbing TV shows on and the only one that caught my attention was THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, oh, and the Ellen show at 4 p.m.

We realized about 1 p.m. that we were not going to Popeye's for chicken nor to Red Wing Shoe store, and I had till 6 p.m. to get to the AT&T store.

We got to AT&T about 4:45 and waited our turn till 5:30!  Do you want to know what you are getting for Christmas???  It must be an AT&T device of some sort.  I swear everyone was Christmas shopping there.

Yes, they would replace it, just needed my driver's license and the receipt from the original purchase.  I had the receipt but realized my DL was in a billfold in the back pocket of the jeans I wore to work yesterday.  GREAT!  And they won't do anything without photo ID.  So, we have to go back tomorrow and yes they will honor it thru' tomorrow.

At least we SHOULD be able to get to the Red Wing shoe store.  I don't know about Popeye's though since tonight we ate the most delicious subs we ever had at a sub place called the Firehouse...it WAS started by firemen (you can look it up online if you are interested).  Neither one of us has ever had such a good sub!!

We finally made it home about 6:45 and I went in search of my DL.  IT WAS NOT  IN THE BILLFOLD IN THE POCKET OF THE JEANS I WORE YESTERDAY!  IT WAS NOT ON THE TABLE!!!  WHERE IN THE HELL WAS IT????THINK, CATHY, THINK!!!

Before we go any further, I want to explain why I carry it in my back pocket when we are working.  I never know when I'm going to need to drive one of the govt vehicles and putting it in a man's billfold and sticking it in my back pocket is a lot easier than hauling a purse around.

CATHY IS THINKING, AND THINKING....and then the light comes on....DUH, DUH, DUH.  I HAD put the damn thing IN MY PURSE last night, so yes, I had had it with me today!!!

So, we'll go back again tomorrow and hopefully finish up the other things we didn't get to do.  Then we hope to do some painting on the refuge tomorrow.  It is easier for us to do those type of things when everyone else is off from work.

AND NOW, WE HOPE TO GO TO SAVANNAH NEXT MONDAY AND TUESDAY!!!



2 comments:

  1. Bigmurf8:56 PM

    Water pump at NAPA about $50 bucks. Do NOT need to pull the fan on my 04 Dodge. Just two bolts, release belt tension, remove air filter. Changed one this Spring about a hundred miles North of Elko,NV. on the side of the road with SNOW flying. Just had triple bypass in Janurary !! Not a lot of fun. I carry a spare since replacing at 98,000. I have 168,000 now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those song lyrics are going through my head as I read, "momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my momma said" ... oh .. I'm glad the water pump is fixed and you didn't get fixated from fumes!! When it rains it pours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive