Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

CRAB SHACK PART 2

It is a rainy morning so hard telling how long it will take to upload any photos!!

This is the deck that they use when the weather is nice.  On either side of the deck are more areas pretty much like it except they are enclosed with heavy plastic "windows".  Notice the trash cans under the center of the table; there is a big, round hole cut out of the center of each table so you can throw your trash away easily.  Obviously they do not use China plates!!  The upside down 1/2 bushel baskets serve as lamp shades.


This is their "open bar".  Notice it is called the sand gnat bar.  I bet the bugs can be really bad certain times of the season!!


There are several cats that roam the Crab Shack; all are spayed or neutered and have their shots, but I'm still surprised the health dept allows this.  They do not bother the guests as they are very well fed by the owners.  They even have a "cat house" to live in!!  We both love these live oak trees and how they built the deck around them.


This is their Christmas crew out on the boat.

Well, THIS only took 40 minutes!~!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    My kind of place.....

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hanging lamps are awesome. The design naturally blends to the surrounding and to the environment. Its place is just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the basket lights, and how ingenious to have the trash right there, unless the flies get bad!! lol
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun place to eat. But I don't like crab! I would come and have a salad just for the "atmosphere"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Cath, You gotta have trash right there for the crab shells....and, the cats? They are everywhere...along with the other wildlife....no health issue...
    love you and Dan, lady! Let's catch up, soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures you post....Great place Ga. Crabs, yes they are wonderful....Our coastline in NC has places quite like this, but the trees are much better in your photos....Wish I was there!!!
    Love from NC,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive