Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, November 03, 2011

THE ODDEST PLACES

This time I'm sitting in the truck in a car wash in Forsythe.  My antenna hasn't showed up yet.  Hopefully today or tomorrow.

I've had so much to share now none of it seems important!

Yesterday a..m. our electric water heater stopped heating, so we remembered how to switch it over to gas (after some phone calls to General RV in Wixom, Mi...kept loosing signal, so it was a difficult conversation).  Dan and I figure that for some reason the heating element is done for on the electric side of using the water heater.  Can't find anyone to help to get it changed, etc.  So, I guess we are going to try to do it ourselves...provided we can order the right part.

I'm going to share a few photos that we've taken so far.  I don't think Dan will be washing the truck much longer so I'll have to leave this shady spot in a few....




THE FLOWERS AND WHAT I'M GOING TO CALL LILY PADS WERE VERY THICK IN THIS LAKE.  NOT SURE WHAT THEY REALLY ARE.

THE LAST PHOTO IS OF THE MILL AT THE DAM AT THE TOWN OF JULIETTE (FRIED GREEN TOMATOES TOWN).  MORE PHOTOS TO POST AT ANOTHER TIME.


4 comments:

  1. Maybe that's the pond they dragged the car out of in that movie! ewww...
    Nice pics. Enjoy your home away from home.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Isn't it great to see green stuff and flowers when you haven't for a while. I can hardly wait to see what you have to show when you get your internet problem solved. Have fun!.. and I can already tell that you two do! hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bigmurf8:40 PM

    Water heater is a common unit at Lowes. May need a socket. If Dan can crawl into the shit pump then this should be clean and easy. TURN THE POWER OFF FIRST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy-- When you said you lost your antenna, I thought the carwash "ate" it. Now I understand.

    Those lilly pads are thick but beautiful.

    Take care, xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive