Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NUTTIN' MUCH

We're not MIA, just having a very hard time getting online!!!  As far as I'm concerned this AT&T mobile hot spot is NOT what it is cracked up to be!  I mean, if we can get 2-3 bars with our AT&T go phone, you'd think I'd get that with this thing!  HA!  I will be going back to that AT&T store in Macon on Friday and see if they will at least exchange this one for a different one...I think this one is a lemon.

Someone asked in a comment what it was that Dan and I did to that dock.  All we did was cut boards to fit the outside of the spindles and screw them in place.  I know that sounds very easy, but due to Dan's back/hip/knees/neck problem, it was a bit difficult for him ( to say the least) and with my weak shoulders and my knee bothering me, I had my own "difficulties".  Dan likes to feel like he can still accomplish things, even if it is volunteer work.

We are enjoying ourselves and it is always good to be away from the stress of other things.  As long as Dan keeps taking his pain meds we'll be fine.  If you are a guy, you know how guys are...work through the pain regardless.  He has finally realized though that there are a LOT of things that he just cannot do anymore, but at least he can volunteer to help where he can and know he won't lose a job because he can't do it (if that makes sense!).

Hope all is well with you!  Keep checking back.  I'm trying to get to visiting the blogs I follow but I get frustrated just trying to check email!!!

4 comments:

  1. wilson6:51 PM

    cathy, if your talking about the AT&T microcell... we had 3 of them till we got one that worked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:05 PM

    If You have any signal get a all get a
    Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g USB Wireless WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna.
    get rid of the other stuff, you get a free 30 day trail with the at&t hot spots.
    wireless cell is not the same as wireless data.
    Frederick & laura 810-750-5574

    ReplyDelete
  3. wilson9:09 PM

    frederick & laura....you're right, i wasn't thinking, i was thinking cell phone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to both of ya for suggestions. I DID look up the info you suggested, Fred, and from what I can find out it does NOT support your own broad band modem, that you actually have to be getting a wireless signal like if you were staying at our campground or near a McD's...that it enhances those signals. Someone asked the question about working with their air card and the answer was pretty iffy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive