Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

THINGS I REALLY DON'T LIKE OR THAT ANNOY ME (ALPHABETICALLY)


I’m going through the alphabet and trying to come up with things that I mentioned in the title of this post.  Why don’t you give it a whirl too?


A IS FOR:
 ARTICHOKES, I really don’t know anything about them except they look weird.

  ANCHOVIES, they look like wet centipedes and I don’t like centipedes wet OR dry.

APATHY,  something that I really DO care about IS apathy, but I don’t like apathetic people who always have an opinon but won’t follow up on it.

ARACHNIDS…WELL, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT! Be honest, do you like Spiders, Scorpion, Tick, Chigger,    Mite, Daddy Longlegs, Pseudoscorpion and others.  I DON’T like them AND they annoy me!

AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS…I think that is self explanatory.

B IS FOR;
BATS, the flying kind.  Nothing  can look that ugly and be something good.

BRUSSEL SPROUTS, right up there with anchovies.

BEER, I think it has something to do with first drinking about a fifth of cherry vodka and then drinking a can of beer.  AND UP TILL THAT TIME I HAD NEVER HAD ANYTHING STRONGER THAN A SHIRLEY TEMPLE!

BRUTALITY, I think that is self explanatory.  Some people should not be allowed to have children or pets.

C IS FOR;
CANCER
CRIME
CONGRESS, I think that is self explanatory.

D IS FOR;
DIET, which we know stands for Did I Eat That??
DEMANDING PEOPLE
DIARRHEA, I think THAT is self explanatory

E IS FOR
EAR WIGS, another bug that creeps me out!

ECONOMICS, I didn’t do so well in that class, but I shouldn’t feel too badly because all the smart people in Washington apparently didn’t do so well either!

EMINENT DOMAIN, Seriously, WHO thought that up??  What right does the government have to come in and take what is yours??  I KNOW, I KNOW….The Lord giveth and the government taketh away.

EUGENICS, Again, WHO thought that up?  Leave the species the way they were intended to be!!

F IS FOR
FUR that is not on the animals for which it was intended.  LET THEM WEAR THEIR OWN HIDE, OR GIVE THEM SOME OF YOURS.  WHICH IS IT??  YOURS FOR THEIRS??

FIFTH OF CHERRY VODKA, See under B for explanation

FRACTIONS, it involves math…see previous day’s post.

G IS FOR
GINGER ALE, YUCK!!!

GRAPEFRUIT, Makes me pucker just to think about it.

GRAVITY, it has not been kind to me in the past several years.  Body parts just seem to be stretching further downward.

H IS FOR
HEART BREAK, We’ve all had a heart break and it isn’t fun.

HEDGE APPLES, “an inedible fruit”…when I was a Sophomore in school, my parents and my boyfriend were in cahoots letting me think that HE liked cooked hedge apples.  And that you had to boil them for about 20 minutes till they were done.  THEY DO NOT GET DONE! Not even in an hour.  Some people call them osage oranges.  When I was done trying to cook those things, I had names for everyone in the living room.

HORSERADISH.   It’s OK if you’ve made a dipping sauce for shrimp with it, but just to put it on a sandwich????

Well, That brings us to the I’s which will be another time.  After reading back through what I’ve written so far, one would think I was a pretty picky eater!

1 comment:

  1. Artichokes, gravy and ginger ale are good for me but otherwise we totally agree! This is a fun list Cathy. I'll be watching for the rest of the alphabet.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive