Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, October 17, 2011

THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON

I've always believed that everything happens for a reason.

Even though Dan and I are upset that we have had to postpone leaving for a couple of days, I knew there was a reason for it...besides just the fact that we were lucky that we weren't hauling our 5th wheel and find out that we needed a new turbo.  I know our friends all have said "boy weren't you lucky this didn't happen while traveling". Yes, we were, but I just felt there was more to it.


Last night, I wasn't quite asleep and I wasn't quite awake...do you ever have that "state"?  I had what I am going to call a vision.  Dan and I were in the truck, traveling down the road and he said "I can't steer the truck!".  It was so real it made my heart pound.

I put it out of my mind until the same vision happened again within probably 15 minutes of the first one.

So, being the worry wart that I am, I emailed Kevin at Newberry Motors and told him he could think I was nuts if he wanted to but I wanted everything and anything that had to do with the steering to be checked.

They just called and said the steering linkage has to be replaced.  Thank goodness the turbo is covered by warranty but this part is not.

Ever since we found out that my visions probably saved our lives, I feel almost sick to my stomach.  I'm also feeling terribly on edge.

I've given my thanks to God for these visions and for me following thru on them and not worrying about what someone might think.


4 comments:

  1. Cathy, so glad you had a 'sense' that kept you safe. I had an uneasy feeling while traveling this last time due to a dream I had a few days prior. However; I just turned it over to the Lord and all my traveling ended up just fine. Keep the faith Girlfriend!
    Prayers sent your way for safe travels.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cathy...it was most definitely a vision or warning...you saved both of you, I have no doubt. But since you found it and fixed it, you can be rest assured the angels will inform you ahead of time of any other problems..leave it in their hands and go now and enjoy your trip worry free! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not everything that happens in our lives has a rational explanation. As you now know, if you didn't before. Good on you that you heeded your inner proddings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel we were very fortunate, but why is it that something like that was going to happen in the first place, just to have me have a premonition??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive