Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, October 07, 2011

NUTTIN' MUCH!

It has been a busy week for us, trying to get all of the Dr appointments out of the way and starting to pack the 5th wheel, etc.

I don't have any photos from our trip to Iron Mountain the other day.  I took plenty as we were driving down the road, but I wasn't satisfied with any of them.  Hard to get a decent shot through a tinted windshield!  The colors along US 2 between here and IM vary from place to place.  The hills are ablaze with color and there is still a lot of color along the road.  Then you'd hit a spot that hardly had any color.

Most of the poplars are turning gold over that way, but our poplars aren't showing much color.  I would say in our immediate area we are about 75% turned and heading on the downside.  The tamaracks are starting to turn golden.

Yesterday we put the bed together in the 5th wheel; by that I mean we took the heated mattress pad off from our bed in our home and put it on the bed in the 5th wheel and put the other heated mattress pad from the 5th wheel on our bed in our home.  It doesn't stay on as well as the one we took out to the 5th wheel.  The we put the sheets and covers on.  All we have to do is throw our pillows in there and we are ready!  Well, with THAT part anyway!

My Doc is on vacation so I haven't had a chance to talk with him about the outcome of my MRI and neck ultra-sound.  Hope I can catch up with him before we head out!

Our Wild Blue internet service  had been out about 17 hours so I wasn't able to do anything yesterday.  I almost resorted to dial up but I tried again this a.m. and WB is FINALLY up.

Not much new to share with ya, but please feel free to post or email!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive