Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NATURALLY

It figures that we head south and YOU had one of the best displays of Northern Lights that there has been in a long time!  I'm glad a lot of people posted videos and photos!!  Naturally, we missed seeing them in person!  They may have been visible here, but we were in bed around 8:30 p.m.

It is supposed to be in the 70's today but is chilly this a.m.  I'll be glad when we get where we're going to be for the next 6 months.  I can get everything set up and my computer in my little office area.  Me trying to type here at the table makes me look like Quasimodo.  And it isn't comfy either.

We have been very surprised by the lack of traffic.  We are GLAD the highways haven't been busy and we're still planning on going thru Atlanta instead of around it...hoping to hit it after morning rush and before afternoon rush.  We've got two days to mentally prepare ourselves for that stretch!

Does anyone know the magic secret to getting your TV to stay on English when programming it?  I didn't have any issues last year, but this year, I can't get the language to be English.  I've managed to figure out how to program stations in Spanish (not French thought), but it would be easier if the darn thing would stay put!




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    I don't think there is a good time to drive through Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have no idea how to program your TV, but if you're driving through a city, you might just as well stop at a store that sells electronics (like Best Buy, or Target, or whatever) and ask some kid who works there to give you some advice. Good luck!

    And I live up in Washington state, and I never see the Northern Lights. I think you have to be away from city lights (in addition to being farther north) to get a good view of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll have to pop my head out of the door tonight to see those "northern lights." I'm spoiled by the beautiful ribboning northern lights we had in Alaska. But I would be happy to see any about now! Safe travels.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive