Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

HEADED TO IRON MOUNTAIN

We will be leaving in about 30 minutes for the LONG drive to the VA hospital in Iron Mountain.  Dan finally has his MRI this morning.  I'm taking my camera in hopes of getting some Lake Michigan shots!  Depends on how we are doing on time.

Next week, the cable will be turned off to the campsites and our home (they won't do one without doing the other), so it will be a good time to get Dan comfy with his "new" computer.  He inherited mine when I got the Think pad.  In an effort to help him get more comfy with a computer, I installed a couple of games....Word Search (which he loves to do by means of a word search puzzle book) and Mahjong...which, within the course of 2 days he has become addicted to!  I love that game too.  This one is a LOT better than the one that comes with Windows 7 so I installed it on the new computer too.  Since his computer is not in a place where he can easily use it, he actually started playing that game on mine.

Yesterday we made a quick trip to the Soo to pick up my new laptop which had been sent back to National Office last Thursday because something was not installed properly with my email program.  No longer than I had had that new computer, I really missed it while it was gone!  I highly recommend the Lenovo brand.

The colors along M-28 are still very vibrant.  The colors in our area are beginning to be on the downside of peak.  Dan and I both were on riding mowers two days ago chopping up all the leaves that had fallen and finishing up what bit of mowing there was left to do.  We spent a bit over $500 this year for gas for the mowers.  I think he'd be cheaper to get goats...although the State Health Dept may frown on that.

We're thinking we may leave on the 18th instead of the 20th...not that we're anxious or anything!

Catch up with ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive