Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, October 03, 2011

THE COUNT DOWN HAS BEGUN!!

In 12 days we will be closing for the season. In 19 days (if not sooner) we will be leaving for the rest of the season!! That is assuming both of our MRI's don't show anything too serious. I had mine last Wednesday, as well as the ultrasound on my neck. The tech doing the ultra sound said my neck veins looked very good and that I met all the criteria to pass that test. So, must be my short term memory problem is due to what the Dr said .....VO. Volume Overload. I HOPE that is all it is. The MRI should show if I have anything pinched going to my feeble brain and elsewhere. It is very difficult to not try to baby my neck when I know that ever so often it is going to CRRRAAACCCKKK when I turn it or lift it. The good news is my blood work came back good, well except for the white blood count and that is 1.6. My cholesterol is 159 and my ratio is very good. What surprised me the most was my triglycerides are 20! They normally are about 80 which either one of those #'s is good. Must be eating better has paid off in more ways than one. And my glucose dropped from 95 to 85. Dan has his MRI the 5th, so in a couple of days we'll be getting up before the crack of dawn so we can head to Iron Mountain to the VA hospital. He is doing MUCH better since seeing Dr. Klump in Manistique. I'm having a hard time convincing him that he is NOT going to be picking up a chain saw and cutting wood. So far, we haven't had any takers for a work camper position for next year. I hope we can find someone who isn't afraid of work...even if it is only 12-20 hours per week. I have to go to the Soo tomorrow morning to pick up my new "think pad". I had to send the new computer back last week because something was configured wrong so I couldn't check email. It wasn't something we were able to fix over the phone. So, while we are in the Soo, I will reinstate my Verizon aircard and get it loaded on the new computer. I can't do it HERE because we don't have a signal but I can get a signal in the Soo. I ordered a couple of computer games for Dan. He will be learning to use my other laptop and I figured this might be a way to ease him into it. We both love the word search games, so I got one of those as well as a Mahjong game. I love that game and it is on my new computer but the one I got for Dan has several ways to play it. Too bad I had to download it and can only download it once! Well, I guess that is it for this time. Not much going on except for trying to get ready to leave!! Later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive