Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, September 26, 2011

TOO MUCH TIME

OK, song aficionados, it has been a while since I threw a song lyric or title to ya...who was it?

The reason it is too much time is NOW it seems forever before we close and head out.  There is so much to get done and we are so far behind with Dan being laid up. 

We left here this a.m. to head to Manistique to a chiropractor that was highly recommended to us.  Dan is tired of waiting on the VA to do any thing (doesn't even have an MRI till 10/5), and our insurance does not cover this type of a Dr.

We found out a lot of things that no one had ever mentioned before because we can't believe some of these things went undetected on previous x-rays and MRIs.

Dan had a lot of back X rays taken today.  I can't remember the name of the bone in the pelvic area, but you could see a crack in it.  Doc said that most time this crack closes shut with bone but in Dan's case it did not.  That isn't what is causing his problems, but it was interesting to know.

Even an untrained person like Dan or me could see the HUGE difference in his tilt in his pelvis to the right...which is due to his  leg being shorter than the other.  Due to all of this he has a curve at the end of his tailbone.  And he 4 or 5 disc issues.  Long story short, it is no wonder he walks like he does and has been in so much pain. 

So after so many "manipulations" and other things (got the pamphlet in the truck but it is raining so I can't give you the name of the program the Dr uses), he told Dan that he'd like to see him again on Friday.  Dan feels better already.  If I can just convince him he CANNOT do the things he use to do!

Tomorrow I have my labs done.  We always hope that my white blood count will come up to even a 2 but last time it was 1.2.  I will have my cholesterol and all of that checked as well, so I won't have those results for about a week (the dr will have them by Wednesday but it always takes a week for me to find out!).  On Wednesday I have the ultra sound on the veins in my neck and the MRI on my neck.  I'm not sure if I hope something shows up or not.  I sure don't want surgery!  It would be nice if it is something that at home PT might help.  Time will tell!!

I took my camera on our drive with us today, but it was raining and couldn't get any fall color shots along the lake shore (Lake Michigan).  The colors are changing quickly and I think after this weekend we'll be on the downside of peak.

But I've got a couple of photos to share with you...




4 comments:

  1. Glad that you and Dan are moving ahead on your medical issues. You youngsters have places to go and things to see! The Michigan fall colors are like nowhere else. Looks like the time is right for color tours! Take care, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Cathy!!!! I went out in the woods all day yesterday and got some great shots with no rain, but we noticed it is so different depending on where you are...by Michigamme we are about 85% color but when we drove thru the forest to Baraga County, parts are only about 35% color...now the rain is starting here...and I am booked with other things this week...so I am hoping to go out a few more times before they all blow or fall down!! I have so many places I wanted to take shots at in color, but I am running out of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary H1:32 AM

    Hope all turns out to your liking. I do believe "Too Much Time" is by Styx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Gary:Styx.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive