Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

SHOCK AND AWE

Dan and I both were finally getting a decent night's sleep last night...at least till about 1:30 a.m.

I woke us both up with quite a start by screaming quite loudly.  It scared BOTH of us totally awake!  And to top it off, when he tried to ask me if I was OK, I stuck my finger in his eye...maybe I wasn't as totally awake as I thought.  Yeah, that's it.  I was still in the scary part of my dream....my story and I'm sticking to it.

My heart wouldn't stop pounding for a long time afterwards and I literally felt sick to my stomach.  I can't remember but one part of the dream, I don't know what even led up to it.  But...

I dreamed I was walking back into my office and it was dark.  The only light on was the night light in the bathroom, which is by our bedroom. 

I happened to look down the hall towards the bedroom before I got completely into my office and I saw the outline (it was dark remember) of a naked man.  He saw me seeing him and he started running down the hallway with his arm stretched out and his hand ready to grab me by the throat....and that is when I started screaming.  I  have no idea who this naked man was.  I don't know why that dream scared me so badly; I've had a lot worse dreams than that!!  It just seemed so very real though.  Possibly it was that very rich piece of chocolate cake I had about an hour before bedtime.

I made my favorite cake the other day; Irresistible Chocolate Cake  (I've put the recipe here before for ya).  I got it in the oven, and checked on it about 20 minutes later.  It looked abnormal.

At each end it had two large "bubbles" of cake and it was flat in the middle.  I'd never seen a cake do that before...what was wrong with the oven?  Or the pan?  It sure couldn't have been the cook!

Then the infamous light over my head came on...I FORGOT THE BAKING POWDER!!! 

This cake is exceptionally rich being that it is only about 2" tall!

Monday, as long as things keep going ok, we'll go pick up Gracie and park her where I can start getting her ready.  Dan has a few modifications he wants to make, but I don't know if he'll be able to do it.  He's still using the small riding mower to get out and about in the campground.  He feels he isn't doing his fair share (even though he doesn't say it). 

We're still waiting on the VA to get his MRI and X-rays scheduled.  I had to call them again just to get the pain pills refilled locally because they hadn't filled them at the VA pharmacy (where he can get them for free and they are mailed to him).

Well, I've got a royal pain in my neck, so I better get away from the computer for a while so I can put my head in a different position.

3 comments:

  1. You poor soul! I know the feeling of being terrified by a dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was some dream. So scarey! Must have been some chocolate cake! Seriously, so sorry Dan is still hurting. Ii know you are excited about your winter plans so hope he gets well soon. Take care and lay off the late night cake. :) Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just know Freud would have a field day with that naked man in the hall dream....let's just say that next time you dream, bring a spotlight so you can see his "goods". LOL Oh, and quit poking Dan's eyes out, he has enough health problems going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive