Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'VE BEEN SORTA BUSY!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, did ya miss me??

I think I told you about my daughters new used car being hit while sitting on main street in Newberry.  Long story short, we were given misinformation about who to contact to create an accident report for her insurance company.  She lives 380 miles south of us and had to leave on Sunday and was told to call the Luce Co. Sheriffs dept on Monday...in turn they told her there wasn't anything they could do since they hadn't see the car!!  WE WERE TOLD TO CALL THEM ON MONDAY which I DID think was odd (this was on Saturday a.m.)

My daughter has some serious health issues which affects her nervous system so walking any distance is pretty much out of the question for her.  She was told by the Luce Co Sheriffs dept to go to the State Police Post in BATTLE CREEK and see if they would write up a report!  We tried to do the right thing and now she was expected to go all over to see IF someone would write a report??!!!

So, I tried one last thing and called the Newberry branch (again) of the SP post.  I got lucky because someone who knows what to do answered the phone.  He apologized for the run around, took some info and told me he would create a complaint.  Since we have no idea who the person was that hit her front end, they couldn't do an accident report, but he would get her something for her insurance company.  What a pain...

Today was my annual appointment with my Dr to go over my RX's and get my blood tests ordered.  I got my flu shot and also explained to my Doc how bad my neck was getting (he had no idea I had a bad neck because I'd never mentioned it).  He could hear and feel the crunching but it didn't crack for him.  People standing 3 feet away from me can hear it crack.  I was sent for X-rays on my neck.  Then went back to see him.

He said it was worse than he thought it would be; that there basically is so much arthritis that it is hard to see if there is anything else wrong.  So, I'm having an MRI on my neck and an ultra sound on my veins in my neck next week.

I'd had a snowmobile accident YEARS ago.  It was so long ago that they were just starting to make Chaparrals and that is what I had. A nice new small one.  And that was part of the problem; it was too small and goosey to go very fast.  I flipped it on an icy, rutted road and slid about 50' on my back.  My head collided with the only tree stump along that road!  And there I laid for about an hour waiting for the ambulance.  The sled landed upside down in the ditch and was still running.  No, I wasn't riding alone.  Back then all they could do were Xrays and at that time, nothing showed up but the Drs figured that I would have issues with my neck as I got older.  It's bothered me for years but mainly when I'm trying to sleep.  Now it is pretty much all the time.

Other than that I'm healthy as can be!  And we'll soon know if my WBC has improved along with all my cholesterol stuff.  I'll have my labs done next week too.

The Newberry Ambassadors were here yesterday to welcome my new business venture and to present a nice, framed certificate to me.  I have my business cards ordered but they haven't arrived yet.

AND TOMORROW MY NEW LAPTOP ARRIVES!!!  I got one with 8 GB RAM and lots of goodies for the type of photography detail that I want to do.  The screen is supposed to be "awesome" and easy to calibrate.  And it will be Windows 7.  I'm very excited!  Then Dan will got my "old" laptop.  I'll just remove some programs that he won't need so he should have lots of room on that one if he does decide to use it!  Another thing about Windows 7??!!  IT HAS MAHJONG TITANS GAME ON IT!!!  I don't play games online or on the computer much, but for the short time I had Vista, I got hooked on that game!!

Well, I THINK that about catches us up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy, I hope you are reading this comment on your NEW COMPUTER-- You lucky girl.

    Sorry your daughter is getting the runaround on the accident. Sheesh.

    And fingers crossed on the MRI and lab tests. I hope everything turns out to be fine.

    xoxo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive