Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, September 19, 2011

FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Our daughter made it home, safe and sound.  I always worry about her driving UP and I worry about her driving BACK, and I worry about her driving to work and driving home from work...you understand, right??

We had a very nice time and as always, it went too quickly.  She doesn't have much time to call her own and when she does she is usually in so much pain she can't do anything anyway.  So, it always makes me feel good that she can come up here and relax a bit.

One of my readers was a NO SHOW (YOU know who you are!) BUT Tractor Guy and his wife DID stop by on Sunday for a while. They had each driven one of their restored tractors in the tractor parade on the Mighty Mac. 

Tractor Guy always gives good advice..although it is always the SAME advice.  If something is not going well, or if one is feeling out of sorts and just want to hide, his advice is to crawl under the big blue tarp.

So, I was ready for him when they arrived.  After introductions, I asked him where the big blue tarp was.  He pulled out a piece of blue tarp from his back pocket.  I guess HE was ready for ME too!  I took a photo of it, but it turned out very blurry for some reason.  It's about a 7" square of blue tarp and it was all fringed around the edges.  I will treasure it for always...well, at least till the tarp becomes ALL fringe!!

Dan's doing about the same.  There are a lot of things we are very behind on.  We normally have the screen doors all off everything and the door closures put on the bathhouse.  We normally have all the playground equipment taken down and put away.  Not sure if it'll happen or not.  He doesn't want me to get someone to help!  MEN!!

I had my annual dental check up today.  Everything is fine. I hate going to the dentist even when everything IS fine!

I've sold one of my photos that I wasn't even trying to sell!  Hey, whatever works!!  It's the one at the Mouth of the Two Hearted.  I posted it here a long time ago.

Well, I'm about done for the day.  Hope you are all well!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a sale of one of your photos...isn't it a great feeling?? Paul and I now set up at craft sales and art shows with my framed in birch frames photos and have sold quite a few...it is a wonderful feeling and the cash is nice too. LOL Glad your daughter made it up and back ok...I know how you feel about always worrying about our kids. I am so blessed that at least our youngest daughter and family are now not in Florida and are living across the street from us. Not only is it awesome to have my 16 mo. grandson living across the street where I can hug on him daily and wonder at his progress, but I can know what is happening with her and help her out if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if someone offered to help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retired One, what surprised me is that it wasn't even in the "list" of ones for sale, but HEY! That's fine by me!!

    Amy, I don't know how he'd react. I think I'm going to have to try to get it done when he isn't around, which is not often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much to take care of there. I hope your husband will agree to get a little help. I know having your daughter there for a short time was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive