Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BAD HAIR DAY??? OR JUST A BAD START TO A DAY???

I don't have bad hair days.  It is kind of hard to when your locks are as short as mine.

BUT, there are always a few clues at the beginning of the day as to what the rest of the day might bring.

One thing it will bring is our daughter and her significant other for a visit.  We're looking forward to that.

BUT, the day didn't start out so good...

I have some inexpensive plastic bowls that we use for storage or for heating things in the microwave.  I also have one of those hard plastic covers made especially for microwave use.   You put it over the top of what ever it is you are heating and it helps it heat better, quicker and with a lot less mess.

I had some left over potatoes that I'd fixed with ham in the crock pot and figured I'd warm them up this a.m. and fry them a bit.  I put them in one of the blue bowls, put the cover on, and set it for "warm up one serving".

When the bell went off, I got the bowl and the top out of the microwave and tried to separate the two from each other.  This has happened before; the top creates a suction due to the steam, etc.  But you just stick your fingers in the two "tabs" on top and push and it normally releases.

Notice I said "NORMALLY".  It took some doing but I finally got them apart from each other, but for some reason that sucked the potatoes up to the plastic cover...and there they stuck till I got a bit more air inside of the bowl.  I thought this was strange...to have that much suction.

It only APPEARED that the taters had been sucked into the cover...what really happened was the bottom of the bowl had been sucked up and warped beyond use (except of a bird bath...it fits there just fine).  Yep, good start to the day.

But it gets better....

On my way out to do the bathhouse this a.m., I notice beautiful stormy, pink clouds.  I came back and picked up my camera and started out again.  I happened to look up to see the pink clouds in front of the full moon...and that is when it hit me....CROW CRAP FROM ABOVE!!!  ARRRGGGHHH!!!!  At least it hit my coat and not my hair or camera. 

Yep, good start to the day....

Dan is doing some what better but still walks with the aid of a walking stick.  Still no word on an appointment for an MRI, but at least the VA clinic DID call the other day to ask the normal pre MRI questions.  Now, it is wait and see as to how soon it will happen.

Well, not only are we having our daughter and her other here, but two of my blogger stalkers are supposed to stop by this weekend too!!  One on Saturday and one on Sunday!!!  Since I don't have their permission to mention who (whom??) I won't!

So, if ya don't hear from me for a while, I'm either visiting with family or friends, or dodging crow crap.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dodging cow crap thing...please tell me you got a picture of the flying cow...Was he jumping over the moon?

    Have a great time with your Daughter/other and your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you scared me!!! I thought after reading your comment that I had left the R out of crow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL now that WOULD be a sight to see ... a flying cow dropping its pie on you. Crow, I know we have them around here too!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cathy, I think I'd have just turned around and gone back to bed!!!

    I knowhow much you will enjoy seeing your daughter so the day will definitely get much better.

    Hope Dan's MRI is just around the corner and an easy solution.

    Take care my friend, xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanna, Thanks! We are having a nice visit and it will soon be time for them to head home (Sunday). Dan can't get the MRI till October 5th. I've been wondering about you and hoping you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crow doo-doo...oh NO! And where is the picture that you suffered so much for, missy??? Did I miss it??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even remember if I took any shots that morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive